problem parsing mediainfo (1 Viewer)

rudream

Portal Member
January 1, 1970
HI,

After a clean install of Win 8.1 RTM and mp 1.5.0 fresh installation i'm stuck at problem parsing media info for...
the same installation was working just fin before.

thx

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaInfo is dealt with via mediainfo.dll, that is a seperate project. Go there and download the latest 32-bit stand-alone DLL and replace the one in your MediaPortal program folder.

rudream

Portal Member
    January 1, 1970
    thank you!
    i did install mediainfo_gui_0.7.64 and past a copy of the i386 dll to mediaportal folder but still the same issue!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    One of the files = "F:\TV\Tv Shows\The Newsroom (2012)\Season 1\The Newsroom.S01E01.mkv"

Can you download the GUI version of MediaInfo and load the same file, does it show all the proper info then?

You might be dealing with a corrupted header on the file, or maybe there is a bug inside MediaInfo. If you report an issue on MediaInfo SourceForge site, they will provide you with FTP details, so you can upload the MKV in question, so that they fix things. In most cases however the corruption is on your side and there are actually tools available inside the MKV Toolkit that can repair that for you.

rudream

Portal Member
    January 1, 1970
    yea mediainfo GUI shows all the correct info about the file.
    so i guess there is nothing to report to medianinfo guys?
    another things i just tried xbmc and jriver both dealed just fine with my files, and Moving Pictures Config ok too with my movies. it doesn't use mediainfo.dll this one?

thx

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    And you sure you do not have some 3rd party application running that might access the same file in the background and cause a concurrency conflict?

After this it would require @ltfearme to look at it, because you might have stumbled on a little bug then.

rudream

Portal Member
    January 1, 1970
    yeah i'm pretty sure, nothing is running in background got access to my tv shows files.

thank you for your time.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just thought I would report I'm having a similar issue. When updating mediainfo I get the message "Problem parsing Mediainfo".

This error only occurs when processing MKV files processed through handbrake. Prior to being processed by handbrake the mediainfo loads.

Mediainfo GUI does read the data properly from the encoded MKV file and pulls all the aspect, time, etc.. information properly.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As an appended side note. Mediainfo is picked up successfully in MyFilms using AMCU so the problem lies in either Mediportal or MP-TVseries as the function works in the other environments.

Users who are viewing this thread