problem with the frameworks 2.0 (1 Viewer)

carreno

Moderateur
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2005
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I wanted to make a clean install de MP with the frameworks 2.0.

Result:

25sf.png

How I make?

A Mp 0.2.0 RC2 unified would make good!

:wink:

carreno

Moderateur
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2005
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    SiLenTYL said:
    try installing THIS
    then REBOOT
    then install MP

It is the source of my problem.
    I installed Frameworks 2.0 as recommends it the authors but MP does not want to install.

Morten

Portal Member
    November 29, 2004
    Norway
    I don't think there is an official release compiled on .Net Framework 2.0.

You'll have to download the source from CVS(as stated in the news item on the website) and build it yourself.

Regards,
    Morten

lar282

Portal Pro
    July 11, 2004
    carreno said:
    SiLenTYL said:
    try installing THIS
    then REBOOT
    then install MP

It is the source of my problem.
    I installed Frameworks 2.0 as recommends it the authors but MP does not want to install.

it's like morten says. In the installer there's a requierment that .net 1..1 must be installed. I think they forgot to make it at least 1.1 but they specified 1.1 hard. Like morten said, download cvs and build yourself and just copy the files into your directory

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    how to get 0.2RC1 working with .net 2

if this is the first time you install Media Portal 0.2RC1 on you PC you have to follow this steps.

1. make sure .net Framework 1.1 is installed if you have allready installed .net 2 you have to uninstall it and install .net 1.1 again.
    2. install Media Portal 0.2RC1
    3. download the latest cvs-snapshot from www.myshare.de. be aware that high has to change the script that creates the snapshots because he must now use Visual C# 2005 Express Edition. please be patient if there a no new cvs-snapshots availabe in the next few days.
    4. unistall .net 1.1 and restart
    5. install .net 2 and restart
    6. copy the downloaded cvs-snapshot into your mediaportal directory and launch mp

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    .NET Framework 2.0 is NOT compatible with .NET 1.1. That's why the installer is hard-coded to .NET 1.1.

.NET Framework 2.0 is the next generation, and thus MP needs to be specially modified to work on that. This is being worked on, but hasn't been completed.

In the mean time, you MUST have .NET 1.1. There is no build (apart from private ones) for .NET 2.0.

Sam

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Just to give you a bit of feedback: I just downloaded and deployed the latest 0.2.0 RC1 CVS, removed .NET 1.1, installed .NET 2.0 and rebooted. MP failed to start after that. I've now put .NET 1.1 back on (in addition to .NET 2.0) and MP is working again.

carreno

Moderateur
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2005
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    AberDino said:
    NET 1.1 back on (in addition to .NET 2.0) and MP is working again.

Similar for me .NET 1.1 + .NET 2.0 and MP is working again.

Users who are viewing this thread