[fixed] Random slideshow in pictures can repeat some pictures and miss others [Mantis #4472] (2 Viewers)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bin to test :)

During fade-in (or while the dialog is shown, unclear which) all the actions are taken by the music player. So if I press space while the slide show is starting, the music will pause & the slide show will continue. Pausing later will pause the slide show (and toggle music pause, resulting in an interesting effect if I paused the music while starting the slide show. Either music is playing or the slide show ;-)

Maybe one suggestion: Could folder.m3u playback disable the use of cross-fading and fade-in/out? This would help with a lot of these issues. Later if music player threading issues are sorted we could re-enable them? Or will the threading be solved within 1.4 and we can move back to background fades again? Fades being on the GUI thread is causing these things is my assumption here.

@hwahrmann: Could you comment on this?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    So many issues :)
    About the 'intended behaviour', the bin V3 should fix it (can you confirm ?)

I don't think I can understand this. What is the fix?
    Yep not easy to explain (and in english it's hard for me :) )

In V3 and running Slideshow, it should be ok, running recursive, the way how to handle analyse of subfolder is working correctly but in this case, if we do a previous item, that possible that this item it's the last on index list and then on the next item, the slideshow will stop. It's hard to explain and i see it when debugging and i didn't find a way to do it better (except maybe rework all the stuff and i don't want to go with it).

The music playback has another side effect: When I press F8 in a slide show with folder.m3u playing (might also occur with normal music playing, not tested yet) I can hang MP if I press F8 directly while the dialog of song change is still visible or the fade-in is still active (unsure which). 1st Log attached. (10_10)

Maybe related to some GUI rendering issue :( not sure if i can fix it (i'm pretty i can't).

I also have occurences of NO-GUI when using folder.m3u. I started a slide show to test the issue above and the music started but the picture was not shown. ESC resulted in music stopping but still no GUI. 2. Log attached is from that (10_12). UPDATE: It was probably due to the first item being a video (I was shuffeling).

Will try to reproduce and analyse log.

Start Slideshow & Exit quickly by ESC results in music not being stopped

You mean with folder.m3u right ?
    Will try to reproduce and analyse log.

If we start from music, the music should not stop (in this case) but should stop for folder.m3u.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The music playback has another side effect: When I press F8 in a slide show with folder.m3u playing (might also occur with normal music playing, not tested yet) I can hang MP if I press F8 directly while the dialog of song change is still visible or the fade-in is still active (unsure which). 1st Log attached. (10_10)

I also have occurences of NO-GUI when using folder.m3u. I started a slide show to test the issue above and the music started but the picture was not shown. ESC resulted in music stopping but still no GUI. 2. Log attached is from that (10_12). UPDATE: It was probably due to the first item being a video (I was shuffeling).

Can you retry (for a test) without enable Video options ?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About the 'intended behaviour', the bin V3 should fix it (can you confirm ?)

Yes, it now respects the no loop property. It does not re-randomize on looping (when looping is enabled), this is probably the right intended behaviour (otherwise skipping will be a little unpredictable, you might repeat the same image at the end of the loop).

The issue you mention with recursive slideshows I was not able to reproduce, for me this works fine. If there are still some minor thing when shuffling the slides, I do not notice them, so hopefully no one else will ;-)

Also the showing of videos is changed correctly - no video when this is turned off for slideshows. Great!

Can you retry (for a test) without enable Video options ?

I did and experienced another hang with no picture showing (and no music playing), logs attached. But:
    F7/F8 did not hang the system anymore (strange?)
    Pause was still taken by music player if done immediately when music starts.

Btw. you could speedup music stop on end if you pause first and then stop (pause has a shorter fade).

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think we need to be a bit pragmatic about what we can fix for 1.4.0.

Really we should only be fixing major regression from 1.3.0. We should not be trying to tweak existing behaviour at this point in time.

Basically, fix the more serious known issues and then worry about the other stuff later.

To be honest, everything seems to be working fine for me with that latest build, so it would be good to get a simple comment.

Is there anything else that MUST be fixed for 1.4.0 ?

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be honest, everything seems to be working fine for me with that latest build, so it would be good to get a simple comment.

Agree - everything from the picture viewer point works for me. Looping, Shuffling, Recursive, ESCaping, Moving - all fine this way.

Is there anything else that MUST be fixed for 1.4.0 ?

If in 1.3 the Folder.m3u was not working, I am not sure if the feature has been properly fixed for 1.4. The current implementation of the music player will result in hanging MP for people that use the folder.m3u feature (I guess there are not so many users who do, I have never seen a complaint that it did not work in 1.3).

I guess this issue is mostly caused by the music player threading implementation. If @hwahrman can solve that - great. If not we might do one of 2 things: 1. Live with the risk of crashing (mantis this for 1.5) or 2. Disable folder.m3u playback as in 1.3

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's not really m3u folder issue but more sharing of audio with video item etc. (i think).

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not noticed These issues when playing normal audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom