[confirm] RC5: Live TV doesn't work (can't play live3-0.ts.tsbuffer) (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    But then today, I experienced several times that the TV playback is freezing. I hear a Windows Alert (Ding Dong) and then few seconds later freez. I even got a Blue Screen ones (In Win7!)

That ding dong relates to something being switched off usb wise, have you got any tv card or wireless network or similar plugged into one of these ports.

sunflower

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: RC5: Live TV doesn't work (can't play live3-0.ts.tsbuffer)

After several days of uninstalling/installing and trying different things I managed to get it working (sort of).
    * Like Larzon I also changed to fixed IP
    * I disabled IPv6
    This helped a bit but the system was still very unstable, so I:
    * Uninstalled completely again
    * Uninstalled MySQL (and deleted the MySQL folders in ProgramFiles and ProgamData)
    * Ran the 1.1RC5 installation as administrator
    This helped a lot. I think something was wrong in MySQL and this was not fixed when doing full uninstall/install

Later I updated to RC6 still OK ... but then suddenly, after changing channel, the live3-0.ts.tsbuffer error again!

After a reboot things were working fine again.

But then today, I experienced several times that the TV playback is freezing. I hear a Windows Alert (Ding Dong) and then few seconds later freez. I even got a Blue Screen ones (In Win7!)
    I will report this new bug with log in a new thread

I got the same problem, but not only in live tv. The same problem occurs after playing many wmv or mpeg videos.
    After a certian number (didn't count yet, may be about 30) I get a similar message (Can't play ...)
    I suppose it has the same reason.
    I'll try to provide logs when i manage to reproduce that.

Claus

Portal Member
    July 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

That ding dong relates to something being switched off usb wise, have you got any tv card or wireless network or similar plugged into one of these ports.

No, my TV tuner is he only device connected on USB. It is the same sound as if I remove the device (or a memory stick) from the USB port. Normally when I insert the device again I get the "reverse" sound (Dong Ding), but this never hapens after I hear the sound due to this problem. So what ever is disconected doesn't seam to be connected again, but I can start playback of TV after the MediaPortal (or Terratec Home Cinema) has been restarted (no reboot required). My tv tuner stays in the device list al the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine. As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months. Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it...
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal...
    Hello english forum! Since my question, which I asked weeks ago in the German-speaking forum, has not been answered until today, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom