recommend a hd capture card that works flawlessly on mediaportal (1 Viewer)

yeahman45

Portal Member
December 31, 2013
Home Country
US Minor Outlying Islands US Minor Outlying Islands
can you guys recommend a full hd capture card that works flawlessly on mediaportal... that accepts hdmi input

yeahman45

Portal Member
December 31, 2013
Home Country
thx any plan to add support for any hdmi capture device in the future (maybe on mp 2.0?)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe, but no guarantee... and I would not be able to make any comments about time frame.

yeahman45

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    ok thx. but there's actually no official plan or roadmap right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok thx. but there's actually no official plan or roadmap right?
    I hesitate to say this... but actually code has already been written. It is completely untested and does not compile right now (so can't be tested). There is no time frame for when the code will be made to compile or when it will be merged. It may never be merged. There is no guarantee, plan or roadmap about this feature. In other words, if you want HD capture support I highly recommend you just get the Colossus. I don't want you to keep asking me every few weeks/months if there is any update. ;)

yeahman45

Portal Member
    December 31, 2013
    Home Country
    haha thx for the honest reply. Will wait a bit and follow the updates of mp 2.0. thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom