Recording fail 03.03.15 (1 Viewer)

wmcftw

Portal Member
November 2, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi

I set Mepo to record Twin Sisters: A World Apart on bbc4 at 22;55 on 03.03.15

It did not work. Can someone please figure this out by looking at the logs?

Very odd as it worked for several recordings over the weekend

Attachments

• Fail 03.03.15.zip
    289.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Sorry, nobody will be able to help you with those log files. You've provided the MediaPortal [client/front-end] log files. We need the TV Server log files to debug recording failures.

Regards,
    mm

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    My mistake. I did a test recording this afternoon and for some perverse reason it worked. I will try and upload the retropsective log for last night's fail

Now attached

Attachments

• Tvserver log 03.03.15.zip
      3 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Now attached

...but I'm afraid I'm not seeing any evidence that such a schedule ever existed.

Starting from the oldest logs, I see the first recording fail due to failure to successfully tune:
    [2015-03-03 00:57:02,544] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: Time to record BBC FOUR HD 00:57-02:25 Wallander

Perhaps that's because you've only got BBC 4 HD mapped to one of your two DVB-T tuners, I don't know.

Same result for the next schedule at 2:57:
    [2015-03-03 02:57:04,727] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: Time to record ITV HD 02:57-03:30 UEFA Champions League Weekly

After that, best that I can tell is that the next scheduled recording is:
    [2015-03-03 02:57:16,500] [Log ] [PS StandbyWakeup] [DEBUG] - PS: Inspecting Scheduled Recordings: 07/03/2015 20:57:00

So, like I say: I can't see any indication that TV Server was ever asked to record anything at 22:55 on 03/03.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Actually, I missed a minor detail...

You added a schedule for Deal or No Deal on the morning of the 3rd just before 9 AM:
    [2015-03-03 14:57:12,107] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: Time to record Channel 4 HD 14:57-16:00 Deal or No Deal

That recording completes fine.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for you help. The Deal or No Deal was the test recording and it worked. Maybe the lack of BBC Four is causing a problem. I selected the programme to record and the red icon appeared. I was so keen to record it that I checked and double checked.

I will do another test on BBC4HD tonight and update you in the morning

Ps: The Champions League did not record......what did I do wrong?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ps: The Champions League did not record......what did I do wrong?
    As I said in my earlier post: it didn't record for the same reason as the Wallander recording.
    Tuning was successful insomuchas the tuner locked onto signal. However, video/audio was never received. Again, that ITV HD channel was only mapped to one tuner.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks again for the clarification. All my test recordings worked.

I guess it has been resolved now- even though I used the same method

Users who are viewing this thread