1.12.0 - Recording not acepted | Page 3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Brudertac, July 25, 2015.

1. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @PMUXY
    The log files don't really show anything unusual/unexpected. :(
    It seems like maybe the code is expecting to record from the current channel, but you are expecting to record a specific program.
    Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of each step (TV home, guide, program information etc.) you take to reproduce the problem?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PMUXY

PMUXY Portal Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Here are the screenshots.

Not much to see though.
    I reproduced the issue at first attempt.
    And reproduced the workaround as well. Luckily.

Attached Files:

4. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @PMUXY
    What happens if you go through TV home first, rather than going directly to the guide?

5. PMUXY

PMUXY Portal Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    In this case, the TV is automatically started in full screen (this is what I set).
    So the recording works, as it is the workaround I use.

Home/TVGuide/live TV/quit live TV or right click to go to TV guide/set a record => works (so far).
    Home/live TV/right click to go to TV guide/set a record => ok as well.
    Home/TVGuide/set a record => does not work most of the time.

I use a logitech K400 to control my HTPC.

6. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but if you disable automatic TV start?

7. PMUXY

PMUXY Portal Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Well, for my part, I don't quite see the point to add this intermediate screen before starting the TV for good. Thus I disabled it as soon as I figured out how to do it...

Anyway, If I disable auto start and full screen, I end with the screen I uploaded, called "empty TV" almost each time I select "TV".
    From this screen, if I select "Guide TV" w/o having clicked on "TV ON" first, the recording fails. If I start the TV, and stop it, or leave it on, the description of the TV show appears : "Some show description" screenshot.
    Then, the attempt to select something to record is working, this time.
    I reproduced this behavior several times.

Sometimes, when I start MP, and select TV, I don't see the "empty TV" screen. There is already a TV show description: "Some show description" screenshot, w/o having to click "TV ON". In this case, setting a record works.

Attached Files:

8. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahah! This is a very important detail.
    When you see that screen without any information - not even "EPG indisponible"/"No data available" - it means MediaPortal has not selected any channel. This is what I suspected earlier in the thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-not-acepted.131386/#post-1144994
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-not-acepted.131386/#post-1145016

In this case I'd even expect that TV would not be able to auto-start. Can you confirm that if you try to turn on the "TV ON" button, nothing happens?

Yes, exactly. All of this is expected.

Currently MP cannot set/create a schedule/recording unless a channel is selected. I'm not sure whether this is a bug (confusion with the "record" button, which definitely requires a channel to be selected) or by design.

@Brudertac was saying earlier in the thread that he was not able to set/create a schedule/recording even if TV was running (ie. a channel should be selected):
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-not-acepted.131386/#post-1145021

So, maybe there are also 2 issues?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brudertac
    • Premium Supporter

Brudertac MP Donator

Ratings:
    +277 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Yeah, in my case it was always that i was watching tv. Then open the Guide and selected the Program to record... But nothing happens... But, i cannot reproduce this since some weeks.

10. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the confirmation Brudertac. So, it seems like your issue is/was different, and unfortunately we can't do anything about it unless you're able to reproduce again and provide log files.

For PMUXY's issue: we may be able to do something about that. I await the confirmation about whether the TV ON button is working in the case when recording is not working.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PMUXY

PMUXY Portal Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    TV ON button is always working.
    This is how I could pass from the "Empty TV" screen to the "Some show description" screen, during my experiments.

Also, with my autostart / full screen settings, the TV never failed to start, although most of the time; the recording fails unless I start TV first.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!