1.25.0 Refresh rate incorrectly reported and set (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that is indeed weird. My first guess would be that the stream is too short to reliably detect mediainfo, but that is not consistent with the media duration times...
    Don't know if it's going to help, and seems a bit hacky, but I could just try again if the reported framerate is 0...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    can you try attached core.dll and see if that works better?
    Added a "Mediainfo is empty for {0}, trying again" in the logs if it retries, so the next entries should show a valid framerate and resolution

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1.2 MB

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not sure what to look for. I see a couple of times it detects a 0 frame rate and it seems to go on and set it at 60. I think that's because it's my default setting in the configuration. Another time it detects 25 and goes on to set it at 30, which is how I have that set in the configuration also.

It seems that more times than not it is correctly finding and setting the refresh rate though. :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      499.9 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    indeed. out of the 9 times it didn't find a framerate (search for "Mediainfo is empty") it only failes 2 times at the second attempt (scroll down until you see the mediainfo properties block with has audio, has video, frame rate, width height etc) and check the value of the frame rate.
    I do notice that when the second attempt fails the number of "RenderBlack: x:60, y:1784, w:600, h:314" lines is higher than when it succeeds the second time.
    Did you notice anything else besides the framerate when tuning into that channel? (f.e. longer time f.e. before you get any visible playback)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't remember those specific times but since I was switching between ota and iptv it was probably high. Just now trying it out by switching from ota to ota seems to take about 2 or 3 seconds. If iptv is involved it seems to be about 6 average but it really varies between 3 and 9 it seems. I have to leave the house for a bit but I can do more tests when I get back in about 2 hours if you need me to.

EDIT: It is definitely an improvement. I vote leave it in!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    out of the 9 times it didn't find a framerate (search for "Mediainfo is empty") it only failed 2 times at the second attempt
    I don't know anything about this area, but I was wondering whether two attempts is enough? If there is a delay in the "stabilisation" of the datastream for some channels, and two attempts is enough in most cases, perhaps if you increased the number of attempts it would work in the few cases that still fail?

This is not a batch process where tens of thousands of "things" are going to be processed, so I don't see that it would be a problem to increase the number of attempts to (say) five. :unsure:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom