Reporting a Bug \ Requesting an Enhancement (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for confusion! I think it was me who made some mess with the menu editor and included the "old" basichome.xml in some way.
    It seems to work now. I will let you know if I manage to do this again.

Its not a good idea to re-use your old BasicHome.xml whilst still in Beta, when the time is right I will migrate user BasicHome.xml back (if compatible) after upgrades with the installer.

Probably a setting in the installation upgrade sequence which can collect user files and settings before upgrade and migrate after.

Damien

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry for confusion! I think it was me who made some mess with the menu editor and included the "old" basichome.xml in some way.

Its not a good idea to re-use your old BasicHome.xml whilst still in Beta, when the time is right I will migrate user BasicHome.xml back (if compatible) after upgrades with the installer.

Probably a setting in the installation upgrade sequence which can collect user files and settings before upgrade and migrate after.

Damien

Grrrrr damnit! I got this bug again! I don't have a clue how I made this actually. Now it doesn't even help with a uninstall and clean install.
    It is still present and there seems to be no way for me to use StreamedMP again :(

I find it very strange that this bug can stay after a uninstall/reinstall. I think the uninstall clears the cache and I manually deleted the StreamedMP folder after the uninstall so I got rid of the backup files of basichomes.

Is there some bug in MP RC4 that does this???

Anyway I will explain exactly what I did this time to get this bug (even though I don't know exactly what I did)

I started MP with a 4:3 resolution which I use to watch video in my bedroom through an old crt screen.
    I was watching a video through My Videos (not Moving Pictures).
    I navigated here through "Plugins/My Videos".
    My TV was on timer and I fell asleep before the video ended so when I woke up the video surely was ended and the TV was off so I don't know if basichome was working or not. I turned off my HTPC (standby).

This morning I started my HTPC which now starts up in a bad resolution which I can not see on TV in my living room.
    So I pressed remote key that triggers a script which kills MP and changes resolution to 16:9 and restarts MP.
    Unfortunately I don't have a clue if basichome was working before I started MP in 16:9 resolution.

Now its broken :( HELP!

Let me know if I should send any logs or anything.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm not sure about anyone else, and this ma be related to the TV functions, but I am seeing a lot of NullReferenceExceptions being generated when using the StreamedMP skin. Anyone else?

I have a feeling its due to missing xml files as when I use blue3 I cannot recreate the issue.

What i have done, but have not had time to test, is to copy over all the missing XMLs from Blue3 into the StreamedMP directory - so at least they are there, even if they dont look very good/miss graphics.

I'll update the thread on whether this makes a difference!

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm not sure about anyone else, and this ma be related to the TV functions, but I am seeing a lot of NullReferenceExceptions being generated when using the StreamedMP skin. Anyone else?
    Me too!!

#EDIT#
    The SVN version 222 has a common.home.overlays.xml file which seems to fix it for me :)
    "Fixed: Issue 56 : common.home.overlays.xml referenced but not existing"

#EDIT2#
    Getting this in the error.log file:
    "008-12-11 20:43:52.562500 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWIndow.LoadInclude: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\common.home.overlays.xml'."
    Is the file incorrectly named?

#EDIT3#
    Renaming the file fixes the missing file error - still getting the nullReference issue :(

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    SpudR - are you just getting errors in the logs, or are you like me getting error messages up on screen?

EDIT: might be a typo in the name - "overlay" instead of "overlays"?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Damien

Grrrrr damnit! I got this bug again! I don't have a clue how I made this actually. Now it doesn't even help with a uninstall and clean install.
    It is still present and there seems to be no way for me to use StreamedMP again :(

I find it very strange that this bug can stay after a uninstall/reinstall. I think the uninstall clears the cache and I manually deleted the StreamedMP folder after the uninstall so I got rid of the backup files of basichomes.

Is there some bug in MP RC4 that does this???

Anyway I will explain exactly what I did this time to get this bug (even though I don't know exactly what I did)

I started MP with a 4:3 resolution which I use to watch video in my bedroom through an old crt screen.
    I was watching a video through My Videos (not Moving Pictures).
    I navigated here through "Plugins/My Videos".
    My TV was on timer and I fell asleep before the video ended so when I woke up the video surely was ended and the TV was off so I don't know if basichome was working or not. I turned off my HTPC (standby).

This morning I started my HTPC which now starts up in a bad resolution which I can not see on TV in my living room.
    So I pressed remote key that triggers a script which kills MP and changes resolution to 16:9 and restarts MP.
    Unfortunately I don't have a clue if basichome was working before I started MP in 16:9 resolution.

Now its broken :( HELP!

Let me know if I should send any logs or anything.

I just made a test with clearing all logs, starting with StreamedMP moving around a bit and then quit.

The logfile is HUUUUGE and like 95% are directx error messages.

Can anyone tell me what this is all about??
    I mean it works for some time and then this happens :(
    Other skins does not do this.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    #EDIT#
    The SVN version 222 has a common.home.overlays.xml file which seems to fix it for me :)
    "Fixed: Issue 56 : common.home.overlays.xml referenced but not existing"

#EDIT2#
    Getting this in the error.log file:
    "008-12-11 20:43:52.562500 [ERROR][MPMain]: GUIWIndow.LoadInclude: Could not find file 'D:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\StreamedMP\common.home.overlays.xml'."
    Is the file incorrectly named?

#EDIT3#
    Renaming the file fixes the missing file error - still getting the nullReference issue :(

common.home.overlays.xml was removed a while ago, I didn't know this until yesterday. So it has been re-added with correct naming (common.overlay.home.xml). So if you still get this error in home and plugins you haven't got the updated xmls for those.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Getting the send - don't send error after MP has closed :(
    I'm running the latest version installed + the SVN updates - still no joy...

Going out for th evening tonight - beer + women = no mp ;)
    (for a few hours at least!)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    All my NullReferenceExceptions seem to come from TVPlugin.TVSearch.. same with you? Also it seems the RSS ticker is the last thing thats in the log when it crashes on the home screen, so trying to disable that!

Think i'll update to the SVN this weekend and maybe do a clean StreamedMP install etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom