Response from server was unexpected (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Today I would test the new feature but the Epiosode would't be scrobbled. I see this error in the logs, "Response from server was unexpected"-

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Live scrobbling don't work

You see that error because it did not have valid information for an episode in your EPG. However I do see some that some do so its definitely working ok e.g.

Code:
    Response: watching Two and a Half Men 6x18

In this case Two and a Half Men had valid season and episode information.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Some TV program on LiveTV do not scrobble

scrub that, I see that you were talking about Two and a Half Men 6x19.

That error occurred because the trakt server must of been temporarily unavailable at the time.

Perhaps as a check on our end we can re-send that information to trakt if we get a response like that:
    https://github.com/Technicolour/Trakt-for-Mediaportal/issues/39

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Response from server was unexpected

I think the problem is that the Episodes don't have a Number for the Episode and the relay. When the Episode has this Information it works. But in Germany we don't have this Information in the EPG only for a some Series (Series is in MpTVSeries or in the record shedule)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi IchBinsShort, the original error you saw with Response from server was unexpected was just bad luck at the time, maybe the server went down for maintenance or something. If you have season numbers but are missing episode numbers then you get the error Episode number must be greater than zero or similar. If you dont have season or episode numbers then we assume its a movie, even if its truly a show, this will return movie not found in case it doesnt exist.

Support for LiveTV scrobbling highly depends on the EPG data, the better your data the more likely it will get scrobbled otherwise it just gracefully fails in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom