Resuming from Standby not working (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    YEssssss (y)
    Or edit your 1st post, easy for remember

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok here are the logs, hope I have done it right as first time I have done it.

This is off the bedroom client, it did it today when it resumed I had the tv guide displayed for about 4 mins before I could do anything then it started working. Yesterday when it did it I just had a blank black screen and it looked like it had crashed and yesterday evening the same but I left it and it started working after 3/4 mins. Usually I think its because the tv server hasn't woken up but yesterday evening when went to bed the tv server was already awake and recording so it didn't need to wake up.

The other client in our kitchen is running 1.3 again now after we downgraded it as it was performing even worse on that and it is the same pc. I changed the delay start up to 10seconds and the WOL is set to 20seconds time out as advised by some other posts on the forum. This makes no difference.

Only the lounge (tv server) resumes from standby each and every time perfectly. Higher spec'd system though. I can post logs for this if need be.

Regards
    Richard.

Last edited:

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    You should disable ALL third party plugins when troubleshooting issues like this. It will much easier to read the logs then.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And please when providing the logs without 3rd party plugins (to make sure they are not causing issue) try it when not being on TVHome as well.

There are other reports that indicate issues with resuming when MP is on TVHome. Would be very important to know if it happens always on a system or only there.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It does it when I put it to sleep after watching a program from live tv. When it comes back its either on the guide or on the home screen.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Root cause has been identified and severity raised to critical.

Working on a fix, will update once progress is made and stuff is ready for testing by you guys, who can reproduce it on demand and confirm that the fix is working as intended.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom