Resuming from Standby not working (2 Viewers)

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The reported WOL issue at this point in time seems to be unrelated to the root cause I identified.

But does not hurt to try or help testing it, if WOL is part of your problems or if you use WOL in general. The more testing on different systems stuff gets the better. Any help is always highly welcome.

Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any idea how long this gonna be. I've done a rebuild on one of my clients with new install of windows and mp and its doing the same on that. Kind of impossible to use as it is 5 mins before it resumes and becomes usable. Difficult to explain to family who want to use it and the keyboard is out of the way to control alt and delete. Can a quick fix not be applied as a work around?

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi same problem for me also.
    Wife and kids just don't know how get it working....

My problem is that when I resume the client out s3 it won't send wol to the dedicated tvserver. Both on mp 1.4.
    So mp client just hangs.
    Made the wol setting in the client to wake up tvserver. No solution.
    Then I tried wol manager.
    Also when starting mp client tvserver has to be woken. But it just won't wake up!
    Configed a key to try to wake it up manually, that just works.
    Pop screen comes up from wol manager saying its sending package to tvserver. Seconds later up and running.
    But this shouldn't be the way it works.
    Tv server just has to wake up when resuming client.

Is my problem the bug I am reading about?
    Is there a temporarily workaround?
    Can somebody explain me why mp client can't auto wake up server like it has to be.. ?

Greets marco

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Marco, I think the Problem is that the Client sends the WOL packet before the Lan-interface is ready. And so the WOL is send to Nirvana.
    You could try to enable "Startup delay when resuming" in the Client config. Set it to .... 5- 10 sec and see whats happen.

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm back again after some testing etc.
    made some multiple settings and now it just works.
    What I did:
    1. I changed in delay/startup the tick box on startup. Switched on ?? Don't why but I did it haha
    2. I switched in tv client from host name to ip number of the server.
    3. In wol manager I made setting in advanced. Set timer for wol wake up from 20 to 1 sec.
    4. Updated tv server from 1.3 to 1.4

But I think it was no 2 or 3.

Greets Marco

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Back to topic (resume after standby not working) :)
    Any news/updates on this bug ? Currently my wife wants to throw out my HTPC, because she can't play a DVD for our kids due to a black screen after resume... My current solution is to close MP after usage, but to explain my wife, that she has to start MP everytime again, if she wants to watch a movie... Well, a complicated situation... ;)

ArneB

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not yet, but I will test it this weekend and provide a feedback. Thank you for the hint (y)

*Update 5.8.2013: Good news, my HTPC survived a lot of standby/resume cycles during the weekend due to the mentioned patch. I will write a short note to the patch developer (incl. a "Thank You" :) )

Last edited:

astrapowerrr

Portal Pro
    May 21, 2008
    ijsselstein
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is this going to be fixed in upcoming 1.5? When will this be released. Because 1.4 is the worst version ever in my opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom