MP2 - V2.1 Rewind (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynenz

Portal Member
March 28, 2017
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am using MP2 2.1 and the rewind seems to be broken. When I click on the rewind it just pauses for a sec then carries on playing. FF works ok.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am using MP2 2.1 and the rewind seems to be broken. When I click on the rewind it just pauses for a sec then carries on playing. FF works ok.
    I can confirm this, seems to be a bug.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fast forward and rewind are "features" of the involved filters in the DirectShow graph. Especially the video decoder needs to handle this. MP2 just tells the graph to do it.
    So if it doesn't work now, the only variables are the used filters. You might try others than LAV, but I guess each filter has other disadvantages, like MS ones to cause long zapping delays in TV.
    I never use ffw/rew, the skip steps with left/right are much more useful

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Fast forward and rewind are "features" of the involved filters in the DirectShow graph. Especially the video decoder needs to handle this. MP2 just tells the graph to do it.
    So if it doesn't work now, the only variables are the used filters. You might try others than LAV, but I guess each filter has other disadvantages, like MS ones to cause long zapping delays in TV.
    I never use ffw/rew, the skip steps with left/right are much more useful

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk
    I just tried WMP and VLC and I also can not use all FFW or REW speeds for those that do not work in MP2.1.
    Changing the codec leads to partly it can not be used at all. So generally it seems really related to filter and video format.

waynenz

Portal Member
    March 28, 2017
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes you are correct in that neither vlc or wmp can rewind .ts files. I was basing my observation on the fact that mp1 can rewind .ts. obviously there is a big difference in how the 2 handle rewind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
    Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom