SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Can you post small example?
BTW, haali didnt like MJPG format in AVI, i bet you fix it by remuxing AVI to MKV by MKVmerge...

You've got mail! :)
Remux every video? If i don't have better things to do that would be an option :)

You can register "AviSplitter.ax" from MPC-HC standalone package, just copy this file in to windows\system32 and double click on this file (if you have some latest SAF beta installed, file will be registered). This will disable AVI support over HAALI and you files will be working. But it can have negative side effect for other AVI files like not possible to switch between two audio tracks, subtitles, etc.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you post small example?
    BTW, haali didnt like MJPG format in AVI, i bet you fix it by remuxing AVI to MKV by MKVmerge...

Remux every video? If i don't have better things to do that would be an option :)

You can register "AviSplitter.ax" from MPC-HC standalone package, just copy this file in to windows\system32 and double click on this file (if you have some latest SAF beta installed, file will be registered). This will disable AVI support over HAALI and you files will be working. But it can have negative side effect for other AVI files like not possible to switch between two audio tracks, subtitles, etc.

Hoborg, this sollution works....but...only in windowed mode. If i switch to normal full screen mode, message stays the same. Any clue?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Has anyone tried using the WinDVD7 MPEG2 codec?

I can, but i need this decoder - can you send me copy?
    You are not satisfied with Cyberlink one?

Hoborg, this sollution works....but...only in windowed mode. If i switch to normal full screen mode, message stays the same. Any clue?

Nope :(

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country

When I was using SAF3.49B23 I had the option to use the MPC-HC Gabest MPEG2 decoder for TV, though it seems to have disappeared as of SAF3.49B24. The Gabest decoder seemed much quicker to start/switch channels compared to the Cyberlink decoder..

My playback for local media files is fine (movies/tv shows), though my TV performance still can't quite match WMC (either Vista, or Win7). Clarity is definitely comparable, but speed isn't and the other thing I find is that I get some strange lines that I don't get in WMC.

WinDVD 9 has a trial that I currently have installed, and it gives me the option within the MediaPortal configuration to use it as a decoder (even though I installed the WinDVD 9 trial - it seems to come with an "Intervideo WinDVD 7" decoder).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

When I was using SAF3.49B23 I had the option to use the MPC-HC Gabest MPEG2 decoder for TV, though it seems to have disappeared as of SAF3.49B24. The Gabest decoder seemed much quicker to start/switch channels compared to the Cyberlink decoder..

My playback for local media files is fine (movies/tv shows), though my TV performance still can't quite match WMC (either Vista, or Win7). Clarity is definitely comparable, but speed isn't and the other thing I find is that I get some strange lines that I don't get in WMC.

WinDVD 9 has a trial that I currently have installed, and it gives me the option within the MediaPortal configuration to use it as a decoder (even though I installed the WinDVD 9 trial - it seems to come with an "Intervideo WinDVD 7" decoder).

To reactivate Gabest MPEG2 decoder, just double click on "Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" file in your MP installation folder.
    If you run Graphstudio, you can see '"Intervideo WinDVD 7" in insert filter option. If you one click on it, you will see filename (should be some *.ax file). Can you send me only this one file? thanks.

I have problems with gabest mpeg decoder, when playing DVD, i got corruption on end of chapters - like warnings ends and menu apear i got this coruptions like this:
    gabest_MPEG2_coruption.png

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    To reactivate Gabest MPEG2 decoder, just double click on "Mpeg2DecFilter.ax" file in your MP installation folder.

Ta, my TV is running nicely now.

If you run Graphstudio, you can see '"Intervideo WinDVD 7" in insert filter option. If you one click on it, you will see filename (should be some *.ax file). Can you send me only this one file? thanks.

Shamefully, I've never used GraphStudio. I'm trying to get the hang of it now.. basically what I've done is opened MediaPortal in windowed mode, opened GraphStudio, chosen 'connect to remote graph', selected the only option available and hit connect. There's nothing in the window though - pointers?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Shamefully, I've never used GraphStudio. I'm trying to get the hang of it now.. basically what I've done is opened MediaPortal in windowed mode, opened GraphStudio, chosen 'connect to remote graph', selected the only option available and hit connect. There's nothing in the window though - pointers?

No need to start MP, just execure Grapstudio and do what i wrote before :)

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    :p These are from the most recent Corel WinDVD 9 trial.. in my opinion it's not as good as the Gabest/Cyberlink decoder.. but it's worth trying =) I still prefer the Gabest decoder for TV.. the clarity looks much better than the Cyberlink codec and it's much quicker.

How do you use GraphStudio though? Is there a how-to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom