SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (10 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
sorry, i dont fully understand you
Really?

Well, I hope hoburg does. I assume our exchange may confuse him even more.

One last time, to avoid confusion... (not directed at you kiwijunglist)

Beta 15.

Using ffdshow audio in MP config, works fine.

Switched to AC3Filter, works fine.

Switched back to ffdshow in MP config, doesn't work. AC3Filter decoding at all times when ffdshow selected in config.

The whole video thing was an ancillary to this original problem. Example: Cyberlink h264 used for video. Switched to ffdshow, cyberlink may be still being used as ffdshow video icon not showing in tray.

The issue is not even a gamebreaker at all, it may affect other users more than myself, if it's a common problem.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just to let you know I've updated CLVsd.ax from 8.4.0.205 to 8.4.0.330 and LiveTV now works fine with DXVA enabled using Cat 9.5 and SAF 3.47.

On a separate matter, I downloaded some HD clips and have found that WMV clips are not using DXVA (suspected by CPU usage and confirmed by checking the MPC Video Decoder dialog in MPC-HC). Also, for some reason Dolphins_1080 refuses to play in MP (it just blinks and goes back to the video list) but plays fine in MPC-HC. I've attached my MediaPortal.log, after playing Dolphins_720, then trying to play Dolphins_1080, then playing Step Into Liquid_1080.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've spent a couple of days struggling with a strange bug that caused LiveTV (only on my Client PC, not my Server) to get stuck on a static picture of the last tuned channel when channel surfing. It turned out to be caused by having ffdshow as the MPEG / AC3 Audio decoder. Changing it to MPC-MPA stops it happening.

I only noticed this problem after upgrading to the latest SVN but downgrading back to 23491 didn't fix it and nor did changing the MPEG2 decoder from Cyberlink to MPC.

It could be nothing to do with SAF 3.47, which is what I've got installed on the Client, and might be more a streaming related bug as it doesn't happen on the Server, although I haven't got SAF installed on that anymore (I've done a fresh XP + MP install today) but even when I did have MP might not have been set to use ffdshow audio anyway. ffdshow audio on Server is rev2936 and on Client is rev3078.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi,

Having a little trouble with SAF Beta 15 *unlocked*.

AC3Filter, even when ffdshow audio is selected in MP Config, will be decoding. Merit is prefer other decoder.

Tried uninstalling SAF, restarting and installing. I don't believe it was a problem until I tried AC3Filter over ffdshow in config, now I can't revert back.

If you need logs, or whatever, tell me what you need. Currently, I've tried TV and Videos and AC3 sources are using AC3Filter.

P.S. There is a spelling error in the Installer. Passthrough is spelled incorrectly.

Hi.
Not sure if i am understanding you correctly, but AC3 filter is used for all AC3/DTC audio - not mater what you select in MP config.

Hi Hoborg:)

AC3filter is working great as long as AC3encoder is disabled and "patted ...." is not used. I recommend you to change that to "auto...." Otherwise not audio for me...

You mean Auto matrix option in AC3 filter settings? Can you be more specific?

@hoburg
when i select FFDShow Video and Audio for Videos and play .ts Files audio and video are completely out of sync about 2-3 seconds. WHen i play avi files everything is fine. When i then select Cyberlink + FFDShow Audio everything is fine also for .ts FIles.

You mean TS MPEG-2 recording? MP have FFDshow blacklisted, so i bet you are using different decoder, not FFDshow...

Just to let you know I've updated CLVsd.ax from 8.4.0.205 to 8.4.0.330 and LiveTV now works fine with DXVA enabled using Cat 9.5 and SAF 3.47.

On a separate matter, I downloaded some HD clips and have found that WMV clips are not using DXVA (suspected by CPU usage and confirmed by checking the MPC Video Decoder dialog in MPC-HC). Also, for some reason Dolphins_1080 refuses to play in MP (it just blinks and goes back to the video list) but plays fine in MPC-HC. I've attached my MediaPortal.log, after playing Dolphins_720, then trying to play Dolphins_1080, then playing Step Into Liquid_1080.

WMV is played using MS decoders, not SAF related. I have no idea how to force MS WMV splitter to use SAF filters and not breaking other thinks (merits didnt helps here).

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Hoborg:)

AC3filter is working great as long as AC3encoder is disabled and "patted ...." is not used. I recommend you to change that to "auto...." Otherwise not audio for me...

You mean Auto matrix option in AC3 filter settings? Can you be more specific?

[/QUOTE]

No under the menu SPDIF:
SPDIF/DTS mode: Use Auto instead of PATTED DTS.:D

Synthetic

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK, installed latest beta (15) and added QTLite + Medialooks Plugin, now everything works fine except WMV im trailers of gametrailers. I tried 2 different plugins (my trailers and online videos) and both of them seem to start the video in most cases (shows the first picture) and sometimes they play the first split second of video sound but then playback seems to stop (although MP counts on in the video progress bar).

Can you help me please? I'm on Windows 7 x64 (no Beta)

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
OK, installed latest beta (15) and added QTLite + Medialooks Plugin, now everything works fine except WMV im trailers of gametrailers. I tried 2 different plugins (my trailers and online videos) and both of them seem to start the video in most cases (shows the first picture) and sometimes they play the first split second of video sound but then playback seems to stop (although MP counts on in the video progress bar).

Can you help me please? I'm on Windows 7 x64 (no Beta)

WMV is decoded by microsoft decoders, not SAF one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom