SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

S.O.P

Portal Pro
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Hi,

Having a little trouble with SAF Beta 15 *unlocked*.

AC3Filter, even when ffdshow audio is selected in MP Config, will be decoding. Merit is prefer other decoder.

Tried uninstalling SAF, restarting and installing. I don't believe it was a problem until I tried AC3Filter over ffdshow in config, now I can't revert back.

If you need logs, or whatever, tell me what you need. Currently, I've tried TV and Videos and AC3 sources are using AC3Filter.

P.S. There is a spelling error in the Installer. Passthrough is spelled incorrectly.

Hi.
Not sure if i am understanding you correctly, but AC3 filter is used for all AC3/DTC audio - not mater what you select in MP config.

4m9AM.png

OK, is that listed anywhere? You know, to avoid confusion? First I've read of it.

Thanks though. AC3Filter for everything AC3, regardless of settings chosen.

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
A question that has come up a couple of times in the thread: I follow the link in the instructions to the PowerDVD trial, extract the file, rename it and place it where it should go. Despite this, everytime I install SAF I get a message saying that the codec version I have just installed is too old. Why is that? Where can I find the version that is mentioned in the SAF setup?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just to let you know I've updated CLVsd.ax from 8.4.0.205 to 8.4.0.330 and LiveTV now works fine with DXVA enabled using Cat 9.5 and SAF 3.47.

On a separate matter, I downloaded some HD clips and have found that WMV clips are not using DXVA (suspected by CPU usage and confirmed by checking the MPC Video Decoder dialog in MPC-HC). Also, for some reason Dolphins_1080 refuses to play in MP (it just blinks and goes back to the video list) but plays fine in MPC-HC. I've attached my MediaPortal.log, after playing Dolphins_720, then trying to play Dolphins_1080, then playing Step Into Liquid_1080.

WMV is played using MS decoders, not SAF related. I have no idea how to force MS WMV splitter to use SAF filters and not breaking other thinks (merits didnt helps here).

I checked with Graphstudio and it shows that MP is playing WMV with MPC-Video decoder and WMAudio decoder, same as in MPC-HC, so it seems strange that MPC-HC can play Dolphins_1080 but MP can't.

I think you mentioned somewhere that SAF breaks WMV playback in WMP and that's my experience. I reinstalled WMP11 and got it working, then had to reinstall SAF 3.47 and after that WMP says the required video codec is not installed. No big deal 'cos I only ever use WMP for testing

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
WMV is played using MS decoders, not SAF related. I have no idea how to force MS WMV splitter to use SAF filters and not breaking other thinks (merits didnt helps here).

I checked with Graphstudio and it shows that MP is playing WMV with MPC-Video decoder and WMAudio decoder, same as in MPC-HC, so it seems strange that MPC-HC can play Dolphins_1080 but MP can't.

I think you mentioned somewhere that SAF breaks WMV playback in WMP and that's my experience. I reinstalled WMP11 and got it working, then had to reinstall SAF 3.47 and after that WMP says the required video codec is not installed. No big deal 'cos I only ever use WMP for testing

Yep, that was fixed in SAF4.00RC1 - SAF will no longer disable MS DMO video decoder.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
June 28, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
hoborg, I have discovered that playback of .mov videos stop working in MP after SAF is installed, but if SAF is installed prior to installing QT alternative and QT source directshow filter playback works fine again. Thanks to an earlier post in this thread, I also discovered that the problems with playback of videos over the network were solved by simply disabling auto thumbnail creation.

Thanks again for all your great work and terrific support!

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
hoborg, I have discovered that playback of .mov videos stop working in MP after SAF is installed, but if SAF is installed prior to installing QT alternative and QT source directshow filter playback works fine again. Thanks to an earlier post in this thread, I also discovered that the problems with playback of videos over the network were solved by simply disabling auto thumbnail creation.

MOV with h.264 will be working, but if you MOV is from camera etc, you need to rename them to *.MOVSD - it is writen on first page.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

MOV with h.264 will be working, but if you MOV is from camera etc, you need to rename them to *.MOVSD - it is writen on first page.

I hear what you are saying Hoborg, but it sounds a little bit weird / unusual.

It is working normally if you install SAF and then QT things.
If it is done the other way around, I need to rename things... Isnt it easier for me to do it like the first option? or are there downsides to that..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom