SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). | Page 298

Discussion in 'Codecs, External Players' started by hoborg, September 2, 2008.

?

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

1. Yes

406 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    14.5%
  1. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs
    Of course it will be working, but say goodbay to DXVA in MOV files....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sndlogic

sndlogic Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sorry but where is this 'system tab'? Having same problem (Win7/MP11b).

4. doveman

doveman Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +182 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Seems I spoke too soon, I'm still seeing de-interlacing problems with Cyberlink decoder 8.4.0.330 and Cat9.5 with DXVA enabled, so I've had to disable it.

I might try downgrading to Cat8.5 sometime to see if it works OK with that but MP uses less than 5% CPU on my Client with Live/Recorded TV anway, so it's not really worth worrying about.

5. tomoqv

tomoqv Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Apparantly I too am having poor reading skills...

One question, though, what about MOV files in e.g. Online Videos as they can't be renamed before streaming? I have relatively limited knowledge about different video formats and containers. Is DXVA important also for MOVSD or only for h.264?

6. yunti

yunti Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a new mediaportal using and currently using Windows 7 x64, but not sure how to best set up codecs.

I'm debating whether to use the approach as outlined in this thread (but it seems to apply to all versions of windwos and i'm aware that windows 7 has a lot more inbuilt codecs) or to go with this windows 7 method outlined here.

Ultimate Guide To Codecs For Windows 7 Media Center | Windows 7 News

ie If i set up the codecs to play properly in windows media centre will that mean they are setup to play in mediaportal?

Thanks

7. Ticiano

Ticiano Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Brazil Brazil
    Hoborg, you know if is possible to do Dolby True HD to DTS convertion with some freely available filters and if you can include this option in SAF?

I have this to use with BDs with Arcsoft TT. It's really unusual this kind of audio packed with the video files we're used to play, but if it's possible, I think it would be a nice feature to have.

8. Synthetic

Synthetic Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    OK, I tried playing Gametrailers in the browser and it works, IE worked out of the box with no problems, Firefox showed the same behaviour as MP but after installing WMP plugin it works too, so Codecs should be present and working, but not in MP, why is that? :confused:

9. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    hoborg
    with regards to aac decoding.
    im still using saf3.47 (bc i use MP1.0.2), but i am using ffdshow video/audio and ac3filter with saf
    i see latest beta you went back to monogram, presumably because a user had stuttering live tv with ffdshow
    i think ffdshow should still be used for videos:aac, because it supports multichannel aac properly
    i think monogram should be used for live tv:aac, because it works better with live tv, and also there are no multichannel tv aac broadcasts (they use ac3 for multichannel HDTV)
    anyways, that's my opinion.

10. edterbak
    • Team MediaPortal

edterbak Test Group

Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 5
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Good point... :) Thanks

Maybe you could add this info about DXVA being the reason to rename the files, in the first post.

11. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs
    Online Videos (apple trailers) are h.264 and you only need SAF to watch them (no need to install qt alternative).

If you have MOV from camera etc, you need to install QT alternative +MediaLooks QT Source direct show filter (+ reinstall SAF) and rename them to MOVSD to watch them.

What exactly you want to do? I didnt think that is possible do it in real time, so you need to use some video editing software to convert Dolby True HD to DTS. Xvid4PSP didnt work here?

That is question to Online Videos i think :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!