SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What is now different with DD 2.1 since SAF beta 19? Since beta19 i cannot select 5.1 Cinema Emulation (Logic 7) mode in my receiver anylonger for DD 2.1. Don't know what more informations you need?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    A big drawback for me with removing AC3Filter would be that I wouldn't be able to adjust audio/video sync for x.264 material and DVDs/TV independently. As it is now All my HD material requires a certain A/V delay which I set in AC3Filter, and TVs and DVDs require none (and consequently I set none in ffdshow audio). If only there were profiles in ffdshow audio for different types of video like there is in ffdshow video!

Actually, with the latest betas of SAF AC3Filter is loaded for pretty much everything, which is a problem in itself and negates the benefits described above. After all these updates my HTPC is slowly moving against codec mess again. There are instabilities that I haven't seen before, crashes, random stutter in HD material, TV stutters etc etc...

You can do it in FFDshow audio decoder. You can create profiles for every format, etc...
    SAF always clean all that installed before, files and registry settings.

What is now different with DD 2.1 since SAF beta 19? Since beta19 i cannot select 5.1 Cinema Emulation (Logic 7) mode in my receiver anylonger for DD 2.1. Don't know what more informations you need?

I have no idea what that functios is. You can look on FFDshow audio settings an try to change some configuration.
    FFDaudio decoder should be able to mux 2.0 to 5.1 too, it can be done by profile too.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure, I can tell you what type of receiver I have. But to make a list is a huge job. And it will probably never be complete.
    My receiver is from Yamaha, Type: RX-V661 It is connected to pc via SPDIF/Toslink or optical... (I think I lied earlier in this thread stating it was connected with SPDIF/coaxial.. )

I tested some more with the latest SAF. I found out that I NEEDED to restart windows after installing SAF. Because I thought LiveTV was broken, but after reboot, it works flawless... snappy with sd and hd. :)

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hoborg: If ffdshow audio had the same preset conditions as ffdshow video everything would be fine, but what I miss is the "movie dimensions match" option for audio. I guess the audio codec doesn't know anything about movie dimensions, but that's the way I used to discern between different types of video when I used ffdshow video codec for everything. If you've got a clue about how to set different profiles in ffdshow audio for x.264 and DVDs then I would be happy to hear about it :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    hoborg: If ffdshow audio had the same preset conditions as ffdshow video everything would be fine, but what I miss is the "movie dimensions match" option for audio. I guess the audio codec doesn't know anything about movie dimensions, but that's the way I used to discern between different types of video when I used ffdshow video codec for everything. If you've got a clue about how to set different profiles in ffdshow audio for x.264 and DVDs then I would be happy to hear about it :)

Can you be more specific? What you want to do and on what conditions?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I have no idea what that functios is. You can look on FFDshow audio settings an try to change some configuration.
    FFDaudio decoder should be able to mux 2.0 to 5.1 too, it can be done by profile too.
    In the past my receiver showed PCM Stream when i view TV with DD 2.1 - now it shows me Dolby Digital Pro Logic.

it's googlecache - but it explains what logic 7 is:
    http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cach...c+7&cd=1&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=firefox-a

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

In the past my receiver showed PCM Stream when i view TV with DD 2.1 - now it shows me Dolby Digital Pro Logic.

it's googlecache - but it explains what logic 7 is:
    harman/kardon

Hm, you can try to disable in FFDshow AC3 encoding, so no AC3/DTS audio should be passthrough as PCM - Output -> AC3 (spdif encode mode) instead of AC3.

Honestly, i have no experience withy any reciever. So output audio like MP3 to reciever in PCM format is correct instead of AC3?

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    hoborg: I want to be able to set different amounts of delay for x.264 material (or all HD material actually) and SD material respectively. To get A/V sync in HD material (I watch almost exclusively x.264 encodes of movies and TV series) I have to set an 86 ms delay of audio in AC3Filter. That doesn't work for SD material though, which needs close to no A/V sync correction at all. If the profile conditions were the same for ffdshow video and audio I could just set it to delay audio for videos above a certain resolution. As it is now I don't know what do use as a condition.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    shouldnt you leave PCM stereo alone, instead of resampling up to 48000 and re-encoding to AC3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom