SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
hoborg: I do think like some others that removing ac3filter is an enormous drawback. I fact i have been using ffdshow for spdif output for years until i found out it was the reason why i had periodical dropped frames(every 5 seconds or so)!
I tried yesterday to find back the thread that gave the solution to that problem but i couldnt. I ll search again but may be someone else knows it.

That problem was the reason why i installed ac3filter, and it works just GREAT, so i dont really understand why removing it?

MArtin

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At least for me ffdshow / SAF beta 19 test2 works great here no stuttering or so. Only stereo should be PCM stereo :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    At least for me ffdshow / SAF beta 19 test2 works great here no stuttering or so. Only stereo should be PCM stereo :)

Good.

No problem to change it.
    Question - only stereo should be PCM? Becouse for example AAC 5.1 will be decompresed to 5.1 PCM...

@hoborg: I do think like some others that removing ac3filter is an enormous drawback. I fact i have been using ffdshow for spdif output for years until i found out it was the reason why i had periodical dropped frames(every 5 seconds or so)!
    I tried yesterday to find back the thread that gave the solution to that problem but i couldnt. I ll search again but may be someone else knows it.

That problem was the reason why i installed ac3filter, and it works just GREAT, so i dont really understand why removing it?

MArtin

Again - i decided to remove AC3 filter in test version becouse AC3 filter failed to decode True hd audio, but will load to decode = no sound when you have video with true hd (m2ts files).
    FFDShow works fine here.

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just a question for personal interest: What happens if i have a file with HD Audio and a Audio Receiver only capable of DTS and AC3 decoding. FFDshow is being setup to reencode it on the fly meaning i dont have any better audio then playing a DTS or AC3 sound? I dont really understand that part and i feel a little lost :)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Just a question for personal interest: What happens if i have a file with HD Audio and a Audio Receiver only capable of DTS and AC3 decoding. FFDshow is being setup to reencode it on the fly meaning i dont have any better audio then playing a DTS or AC3 sound? I dont really understand that part and i feel a little lost :)

Yes, it will be reencoded to AC3.

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So there is no one here having problems with A/V sync being different for different types of video? I wonder why I'm seeing it then. I took a look at ffdshow audio profiles again. Maybe I can make a DirectShow filter match? I'll have to experiment some more. A clumsy and unsophisticated method would be to make sure that all videos that I want to apply a certain amount of delay for have a certain word in the file name. Then I could make a file name match. I would prefer to solve it in some other way though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom