SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

jo16v

Portal Pro
August 23, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
So, Powerdvd 8 ultra works but without dxva, try to uninstall DirectVobSub then use Powerdvd with dxva then we may know problems comes from DirectVobSub. If DirectVobSub is the problem, try to use Vobsub 2.23
I'm not sure how to uninstall DirectVobSub as I never installed it!? Presumably it is installed with MP or Haali?

Hello.

Correct way how it should work.

Install MP, then Haali media splitter and SAF in this order.
If you are using WinXP + ATI GPU, make sure you are using catalyst 8.5 drivers.
Configure your MP (look on screenshots on begin of this thread).
Start MP in window. Start your problematic video. You should see Haali + DirectVobsub icons right-down on your screen. Right click VobSub icon and you should see this window:
View attachment 27429

If you have diferent filters in use, your system are wrongly configured. Just make an screenshot and post it here.
Yes I installed in the order you suggested - MP RC3 I already had installed, then I installed Haali, then SAF. I have the latest catalyst 8.10 but I don't think this is a problem as DXVA works in MPC-HC standalone player (and using Cyberlink in DVBViewer).

DirectVobSub only comes up when I can see video (all my HD clips will play with sound but only a few now show video) - it is similar to your screenshot but no "0002" and it says:

"DirectVobSub (forced auto loading version)"

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
So, Powerdvd 8 ultra works but without dxva, try to uninstall DirectVobSub then use Powerdvd with dxva then we may know problems comes from DirectVobSub. If DirectVobSub is the problem, try to use Vobsub 2.23
I'm not sure how to uninstall DirectVobSub as I never installed it!? Presumably it is installed with MP or Haali?

Hello.

Correct way how it should work.

Install MP, then Haali media splitter and SAF in this order.
If you are using WinXP + ATI GPU, make sure you are using catalyst 8.5 drivers.
Configure your MP (look on screenshots on begin of this thread).
Start MP in window. Start your problematic video. You should see Haali + DirectVobsub icons right-down on your screen. Right click VobSub icon and you should see this window:
View attachment 27429

If you have diferent filters in use, your system are wrongly configured. Just make an screenshot and post it here.
Yes I installed in the order you suggested - MP RC3 I already had installed, then I installed Haali, then SAF. I have the latest catalyst 8.10 but I don't think this is a problem as DXVA works in MPC-HC standalone player (and using Cyberlink in DVBViewer).

DirectVobSub only comes up when I can see video (all my HD clips will play with sound but only a few now show video) - it is similar to your screenshot but no "0002" and it says:

"DirectVobSub (forced auto loading version)"

OK. You are using urelased 8.10 drivers version. I didnt test 8.10, but 8.6 - 8.9 have boken VC1 DXVA playback under XP.
Can you post here link to non-working video? I will look on it and test it.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I believe the latest MPC VIdeo Decoder (MPCVideoDec.ax v.1.1.604.0) doesn't support directvobsub being between MPC and the renderer.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    I believe the latest MPC VIdeo Decoder (MPCVideoDec.ax v.1.1.604.0) doesn't support directvobsub being between MPC and the renderer.

Not sure what do you mean by this, but subtitles are loaded only when needed by Haali spliter. Working just fine.

jo16v

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2008
    Home Country

Thanks! I noticed that on hoborg's screenshots his DirectVobSub did not say "DirectVobSub (forced auto loading version)" - is this part of my problem? Do I just need change it to stop it from "force loading" itself, or do I need to uninstall it? Can you give pointers on how I would change it as I can't see DirectVobSub in my list of programs?:D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Not sure what do you mean by this, but subtitles are loaded only when needed by Haali spliter. Working just fine.

I can't get it to work anymore with the latest version, i've read another post claiming this is case:
    see this post.

BUt if you got it working with the latest version than ofcourse this claim is false.. anyway..
    I have problems with the latest version in combination with MPC, mkv won't play at all (if i remove the subs the files play fine).

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

I can't get it to work anymore with the latest version, i've read another post claiming this is case:
    see this post.

BUt if you got it working with the latest version than ofcourse this claim is false.. anyway..
    I have problems with the latest version in combination with MPC, mkv won't play at all (if i remove the subs the files play fine).

OK, heres my SAF in action:
    mpc+vobsub.jpg

source video - MKV with 2inside sub streams (english+czech)
    splited by Haali - Haali autoload VobSub (v2.39) - dont know why, but it is named as 0002
    video decoder MPC-HC 1.1.604 (theres no version info, but only latest version have "codecs" screen.

This is how my configuration (SAF) working.

jo16v

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, heres my SAF in action:
    View attachment 27445

source video - MKV with 2inside sub streams (english+czech)
    splited by Haali - Haali autoload VobSub (v2.39) - dont know why, but it is named as 0002
    video decoder MPC-HC 1.1.604 (theres no version info, but only latest version have "codecs" screen.

This is how my configuration (SAF) working.

Hi hoborg- your screenshot is different to what I see- mine says "DirectVobSub (forced auto loading version)" - why does mine says this and not yours?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hoborg is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the graph that is created? (using graphstudio, connect to remote graph) i'm curious

jo16v

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, there is something not working- I select MPC-HC video decoder in MP Configuration but when I play a HD clip in MP DirectVobSub shows Cyberlink h.264 codec is being used?:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom