SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
sHiKoRa:
ATI 5450 is wery good to HTPC, i have one too. If i am not wrong, the article about 5450 was writen by testing on beta drivers, where some things was not working already. Now should be all fixed (it is working at last for me).

BTW, if you add FFDshow audio decoder in to MP postprocessing, try to remove it.

Thanks again Hoborg!! Which ATI HD 5450 did you buy?

This one:
SAPPHIRE%20HD5450%20512M%20D2%20LITE.jpg

bluebear

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Hi!

Just wanted to pass along my experience with SAF 4.00

I have a AMD LE-1200(2.1Ghz singelcore) 1 GB memory running Win XP SP3
Yes I like minimalistic things.

Tried 720p and 1080i on HDTV on HD4550 (512Mb)and 8600GT(256Mb) and powerdvd 9 codec with latest nvidia(195) and AMD(10.3) drivers.
Results:
8600 GT plays 720p & 1080i ok with about 90% CPU, never 100%.

HD4550 plays 720p with 100% cpu, a little choppy(tiny) & 1080i 100% and no picture at all.

I would expect better performance from the HD4550, but this was not the case. Anyone else
with same setup? As it seems, I will go back to the 8600GT.

And thanks Hoborg for SAF.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Hi!

Just wanted to pass along my experience with SAF 4.00

I have a AMD LE-1200(2.1Ghz singelcore) 1 GB memory running Win XP SP3
Yes I like minimalistic things.

Tried 720p and 1080i on HDTV on HD4550 (512Mb)and 8600GT(256Mb) and powerdvd 9 codec with latest nvidia(195) and AMD(10.3) drivers.
Results:
8600 GT plays 720p & 1080i ok with about 90% CPU, never 100%.

HD4550 plays 720p with 100% cpu, a little choppy(tiny) & 1080i 100% and no picture at all.

I would expect better performance from the HD4550, but this was not the case. Anyone else
with same setup? As it seems, I will go back to the 8600GT.

And thanks Hoborg for SAF.

Hi.
You have problem somewhere, if DXVA is in use, you should have CPU usage ~10%...
You installed DirectVobSub perhaps?

bluebear

Portal Pro
September 19, 2008
Hi!

You installed DirectVobSub perhaps?
You are correct, I will reinstall without it.

Cheers

Edit:
Tried without directvobsub and now I have picture with 1080i, but its straining the cpu. Almost always at 100%.

alltheway

Portal Pro
February 2, 2009
Thanks for a great solution, now I can watch 1080 MKV on my P4 3Ghz, 2MB ram, Radeon HD2600 pro AGP, WinXP SP3 with no problems, always under 30% CPU load.

I've two questions please, playing the same movie in windows using MPC-HC 1.3 I get less then 15% cpu load, why the differences?
(I know, now that I got it going well, I want more) It should be close.

Second question, I know after searching the topic that with AC-3 SPDIF passthrough I get no volume control with MP, but while experimenting, I've unticket the SPDIF passthrough in ffdshow, I even removed it from the post processing list, actually I only unticked it, didn't know how to remove it, ant still I had sound, the AC-3 lit on the reciever and the sound was fine. and still no volume control.

Is something wrong with my codecs? and how do I use the SPDIF OUT without passthrough, so the sound will be encoded and recoded just to get volume control with less sound quality?

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: fogot to mention that my graphic card resolution is set to 1280X720P, and only the movies mentioned above are 1080P.

omayhemo

Portal Member
August 13, 2009
No Uninstaller link anywhere? Gotta have the installer pac from the original version you installed to uninstall? Not Cool. Very very frustrating indeed.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No Uninstaller link anywhere? Gotta have the installer pac from the original version you installed to uninstall? Not Cool. Very very frustrating indeed.

Do you want to uninstall 4 to install 5 or vice versa? That's the only case I've seen where you need to have the "original version" pack for this to work. Going 4.xx to 4.xx or 5.xx to 5.xx has never been an issue for me (so far). Considering how much configuration you won't need doing yourself when using SAF, having to download a very small file and running it for an uninstall isn't something to complain about, is it? :p Considering this is still in development, it's a good idea to keep the installer file for the version you're currently using. Perhaps the installation guide needs this info though.

Btw, Hoborg, should the SAF 4 be updated to use a newer FFDShow than the currently included one, or are all of the subsequent releases of it too buggy?

Emph

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country

Do you want to uninstall 4 to install 5 or vice versa? That's the only case I've seen where you need to have the "original version" pack for this to work. Going 4.xx to 4.xx or 5.xx to 5.xx has never been an issue for me (so far). Considering how much configuration you won't need doing yourself when using SAF, having to download a very small file and running it for an uninstall isn't something to complain about, is it? :p Considering this is still in development, it's a good idea to keep the installer file for the version you're currently using. Perhaps the installation guide needs this info though.

Btw, Hoborg, should the SAF 4 be updated to use a newer FFDShow than the currently included one, or are all of the subsequent releases of it too buggy?

Emph

Hi.
    I have no plans to release SAF 4.xx.
    BTW, there is already uninstaller in start menu in SAF 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom