SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hrox

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
Problem with MPC-HC decoders and EVR

Hi,
I am running the latest RC2 on a Windows 7 OS. I have noticed something very odd when playing H.264:

MPC-HC Decoder + EVR on MP - Very bad picture quality
MPC-HC Decoder + VMR9 on MP - Good picture quality
ffdshow Decoder + EVR on MP - Good picture quality
Media Player Classic (using the MPC-HC DXVA decoders) + EVR - Good picture quality

To summarize, the only combination that gives a bad picture quality is MPC-HC decoders with EVR.

Any ideas?

Thanks

matpe

Portal Pro
June 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Working perfectly for me (latest SAF 5 + Cat. 10.3)
test.jpg

I will wait for official catalyst release, hope i will have new SSD to install Win7...

Hi Hoborg

I have the same problem as edterbak with ffdshow dxva, SAF 4.00 with mpc DXVA2 works :)
Im on win7 so maybe that’s the problem (evr)?

st0ne

Portal Member
October 23, 2009
hi,

is there an error with AC3-AVI and Mediaportal RC2/RC1?

i've massive problemes. i can not hear any audio with ac3-avi. i do all audio decoding with ffdshow to 6 analog audio-outs of my soundcard.
all other mkv or livestreams are working.

when the avi has mpeg audio, it works also good.

when avi is running (without audio), and i turn my amplifier to maximum, i can hear noise, and within the noise, i can hear a little bit of the audio. but it's very quiet...

oh, i use SAF 4.0 with win7 32-bit

thanks
st0ne

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I installed XP SP3 with MP 1.1.0 RC2. After that I installed saf 4.0 stable unlocked.

Now I'm not able to play music (mp3) and mkv and dvd. Mediportal just freezes (mp3) or crashes (video). When it crashes I have to reset windows. Live TV works perfectly. What can be the problem? Never been on xp before. I always used vista and 7. They didn't have these problems. Must be something simple.

Outside Mediaportal everything works (WMP & MPC-HC).

Anyone?

:D

Hi,

I installed XP SP3 with MP 1.1.0 RC2. After that I installed saf 4.0 stable unlocked.

Now I'm not able to play music (mp3) and mkv and dvd. Mediportal just freezes (mp3) or crashes (video). When it crashes I have to reset windows. Live TV works perfectly. What can be the problem? Never been on xp before. I always used vista and 7. They didn't have these problems. Must be something simple.

Outside Mediaportal everything works (WMP & MPC-HC).

Anyone?

:D

Solved:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/music-gui-freeze-81723/

Last post!

Battiegoal

Portal Member
    September 18, 2009
    hi folks,

can anyone send me a PM how to unlock SAF, help would be greatly appreciated. My Live HDTV is stuttering :(

(want to watch the F1 qualifying this afternoon ;) )

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Working perfectly for me (latest SAF 5 + Cat. 10.3)
    test.jpg

I will wait for official catalyst release, hope i will have new SSD to install Win7...

Hi Hoborg

I have the same problem as edterbak with ffdshow dxva, SAF 4.00 with mpc DXVA2 works :)
    Im on win7 so maybe that’s the problem (evr)?

Just for your info. If you want to register .ax files manually you can do that in w7
    - Start > in search/run type : powershell
    - A commandscreen pops up.
    - Rightclick on the tray bar and select Run as Administrator.
    - From there you can run regsvr32.exe with succes.

I now use SAF 5.0 (latest) and I manually register MPCVideoDec.ax from the latest mpc-hc standalone pack. This way I can select MPC Video Decoder in MP for Video H264 :D

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi All,

I currently have the following forum running:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/stuttering-during-fast-motion-81193/

In terms of system spec's I have:

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4GB Corsair PC2-6400 DDR2-800
    Mothboard: ASUS P5K-E WiFi/AP ATX Intel LGA775
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte RX385512H Radeon HD
    TV Tuner Card: Hauppauge Nova 500-T

I'm running ATI Catalyst Control Centre (version 2009.0702.1239.20840) and have set my screen to 1920 x 1080 at 50 Hz. I'm currently using PDVD9 as my codec

Most of my stutter is on a 720 picture (cut down sides) as opposed to 1080 - I also notice stutter during disk activity at times. The stutter is only during fast motion.

After the research I have done to date, I'm basically at a point now of either replacing Catalyst Control Centre or implementing something like SAF.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts based on what I have written above and whether with the hardware and software I have everything should work anyway - especially keen to hear about whether my graphics card is up to the challenge.

I'm also obviously keen to understand whether SAF may solve my stutter issues - from what I have read, it sounds like it may take my 720 picture to full screen - is this also true?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Promark

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I currently have the following forum running:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/stuttering-during-fast-motion-81193/

In terms of system spec's I have:

Processor: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHz
    Memory: 4GB Corsair PC2-6400 DDR2-800
    Mothboard: ASUS P5K-E WiFi/AP ATX Intel LGA775
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte RX385512H Radeon HD
    TV Tuner Card: Hauppauge Nova 500-T

I'm running ATI Catalyst Control Centre (version 2009.0702.1239.20840) and have set my screen to 1920 x 1080 at 50 Hz. I'm currently using PDVD9 as my codec

Most of my stutter is on a 720 picture (cut down sides) as opposed to 1080 - I also notice stutter during disk activity at times. The stutter is only during fast motion.

After the research I have done to date, I'm basically at a point now of either replacing Catalyst Control Centre or implementing something like SAF.

Keen to hear peoples thoughts based on what I have written above and whether with the hardware and software I have everything should work anyway - especially keen to hear about whether my graphics card is up to the challenge.

I'm also obviously keen to understand whether SAF may solve my stutter issues - from what I have read, it sounds like it may take my 720 picture to full screen - is this also true?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Hi

Not meaning to hijack you're post at all but I am in the same quandary at the moment I am not sure to use SAF 4.00 or the experimental v5.00, I have just done a clean install of Win 7 and MP 1.1.0 rc2 no other codecs installed. So am not sure which version may be the best for me.

Having used Vista Codec Pack from shark007 on my previous XP sp3 install and having fading audio problems that I couldn't solve prompted me to rebuild.

So I would also be interested to hear what the pros and cons of each version maybe

Thanks
    Mark

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi All,

Graham

Do both. Start with getting rid of any existing codec packs, then upgrade to the latest Catalyst, then load SAF. Pay attention to best practices for uninstalling old Catalysts too, before installing the new one. ATI's uninstallers, particularly the older ones from the 8.x era, typically don't do a good job, and you'll want to use something like Driver Sweeper or Driver Cleaner.net to clean up after the mess they leave behind. Catalyst uninstall / reinstall (over several versions admittedly) left me with broken DXVA. On two separate systems.

PS implement a good backup strategy (and test it) before you do all this so you can get back if it all goes pear shaped.

The general process I would recommend would be:

1. Backup
    2. Uninstall existing codec packs, such as K-Lite, PDVD9, CCCP etc
    3. Uninstall Catalyst (via ATI uninstaller)
    4. Reboot (you'll be back to a horrible looking windows default video driver)
    5. Run driver cleaner or driver sweeper (select clean ATI drivers)
    6. Reboot (yes, do it again)
    7. Install new Catalyst
    8. Install SAF

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom