SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

sHiKoRa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 19, 2008
    Limburg
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sHiKoRa:
    ATI 5450 is very good to HTPC, i have one too. If i am not wrong, the article about 5450 was written by testing on beta drivers, where some things was not working already. Now should be all fixed (it is working at last for me).

BTW, if you add FFDshow audio decoder in to MP postprocessing, try to remove it.

Thanks! That's exactly the one I had in mind: SAPPHIRE HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI :D

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Hoborg I promised to get back to you about my HD problem in MediaPortal. Since I became a dad it took me some time to have a look at it. :)

The issue was caused by the Nvidia driver, the Geforce 8200 itself wasn't the problem at all. Windows Update offered the Geforce Driver 197.45 (April 2010 driver). I installed this update and it solved the problem. HD content 720p and 1080p run now smooth in MediaPortal. Pretty simple solution, but that's often the case. The strange thing though is the fact that I tried different Geforce drivers before and it didn't solve it. FYI the Geforce drivers that came with the system were version 171.37.

Both SAF v4.00 stable and SAF v5.00 experimental (svn100512) work perfect!

BTW I did a small donation for your good work with SAF. Thanks Hoborg!

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    sHiKoRa:
    ATI 5450 is very good to HTPC, i have one too. If i am not wrong, the article about 5450 was written by testing on beta drivers, where some things was not working already. Now should be all fixed (it is working at last for me).

BTW, if you add FFDshow audio decoder in to MP postprocessing, try to remove it.

Thanks! That's exactly the one I had in mind: SAPPHIRE HD 5450 1GB DDR3 PCIE HDMI :D

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Hoborg I promised to get back to you about my HD problem in MediaPortal. Since I became a dad it took me some time to have a look at it. :)

The issue was caused by the Nvidia driver, the Geforce 8200 itself wasn't the problem at all. Windows Update offered the Geforce Driver 197.45 (April 2010 driver). I installed this update and it solved the problem. HD content 720p and 1080p run now smooth in MediaPortal. Pretty simple solution, but that's often the case. The strange thing though is the fact that I tried different Geforce drivers before and it didn't solve it. FYI the Geforce drivers that came with the system were version 171.37.

Both SAF v4.00 stable and SAF v5.00 experimental (svn100512) work perfect!

BTW I did a small donation for your good work with SAF. Thanks Hoborg!

Hi, congtratulations (twice) and thanks ! :)

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hi,
    i have problems with some files from VCD's. I copied them form CD to HD and renamed it to .mpg. Before i use SAF the files played fine. Graphstudio shows error message, could not render file. MP-HC display a error message too (something like "a directx dll missing..."), but then play this file.
    I have to add logs later, but maybe you have a short answer for me.

EDIT:
    Version check of directx failed, as you see in SAF.log. I didn't install the latest one because i think MP 1.0.2 can't run with the latest directx 9. Is that right?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Re: AW: SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1).

Hi,
    i have problems with some files from VCD's. I copied them form CD to HD and renamed it to .mpg. Before i use SAF the files played fine. Graphstudio shows error message, could not render file. MP-HC display a error message too (something like "a directx dll missing..."), but then play this file.
    I have to add logs later, but maybe you have a short answer for me.

What about small test video smaple?
    Did you tryed remux such video in to MKV by MKV merge?

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

No, i didn't process any converting, because it should play this way. Format is MPEG1 with MPEG audio.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Do i have to install directx 9 February 2010?

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007
    I have latest version of powerdvd 8 and it is no longer availabe in Mepo. as the codec is blocked.

I believe installing unlocked version of SAF requires uninstalling powerdvd 8.0 which of course will leave me without bluray playback.

Can you tell me best way to have both on my system mepo with HD TV and Bluray via PDVD8 ....or should i just upgrade to power dvd 10 is the codec unlocked on that version?

What is the best approach and is there one to retain pdvd8ultra if any?

Is it possible to install an old version of pdvd8 with codec unlocked and ten take codec file and register it on another machine with pvd8?

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    I have latest version of powerdvd 8 and it is no longer availabe in Mepo. as the codec is blocked.

I believe installing unlocked version of SAF requires uninstalling powerdvd 8.0 which of course will leave me without bluray playback.

Can you tell me best way to have both on my system mepo with HD TV and Bluray via PDVD8 ....or should i just upgrade to power dvd 10 is the codec unlocked on that version?

What is the best approach and is there one to retain pdvd8ultra if any?

Is it possible to install an old version of pdvd8 with codec unlocked and ten take codec file and register it on another machine with pvd8?

What about throw PDVD in to trash can and try SAF5 and MePo plugin "Bluray Handler"?

mrspock

Portal Pro
    September 14, 2008
    Madrid
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi.
    I just installed your SAF 4.00 with my MP RC2 (updated today to RC3). Thanks for your work and for your easy manual and explanations on the first post.
    I am usually lost with all this codecs stuff and this have been of great help.
    Anyway, I would like to tell you that I have some issues with the TV codecs configuration.
    - First, your TV codecs configuration screen-shot seems a little bit outdated… In my MP, there is one more option: "DD+ audio decoder". And the "AAC audio decoder" is now "LATM AAC audio decoder".
    - And second, you say that the best option for MPEG and H.264 is CyberLink Video Decoder… but it does not appear in my list: ffdshow, mainconcept mpeg-2, MS dtv-dvd, mpc-mpeg2 and mpc are the only options. Is it a problem with my installation? Is something I have missing?

Thanks for your work.

MrSpock

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom