SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (2 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic

jo16v

Portal Pro
August 23, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm sure there is a way to install my HD4830 card with Catalyst 8.5 drivers to enable DXVA acceleration, but couldnt find it :oops: . OS is WinXP by the way.

Can anyone help?

Argh, look the info Hoborg is giving about 8.5 is misleading- for 4*** series need 8.12 at least.

Brungle

Portal Member
January 16, 2009
Please, check in regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal

Is there a "VersionBuild" key?

hmm i dont have an entry for mediaportal there...

Try to reinstall MediaPortal. What OS do you have?

Vista 64 ultimate, would it work im someone simply uploaded a reg file for this key and I imported that, surely its just used for checking when the SAF installer runs?

thanks

csapollo

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Home Country
If you have hight CPU usage, your MKV can be wrongly made (no DXVA compatible). Please post example.

It's "The Dark Knight" @1080p MKV. How would you like me to post the sample?

Hoborg should stop giving out this advice about 8.5- it is way too old and for 3200HD only 8.12 fixes the 2D browser lag problem. I advise you download 8.12 and use the ATi removal tool in Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs- restart then install.

Cheers, I'll give that a go tomorrow. Should I re-install SAF after moving from Catalyst 8.5 - Catalyst 8.12?

Any advice on the audio drivers?

Original Post, HEELLLP!! :) See the screenshots, my decoder options are not like what is in Hoborgs guide..

jazbo8

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
China China
I made a little progress today - by switching the audio output rendering device to SoundMax HD instead of the Default DirectSound, I now can get audio. AVIs and MKVs play just fine. But with H.264 1080p material, it is not.

The audio quality is very poor - 1) with AC3Filter (I know it is not a part of the SAF, but for S/PDIF, it is pretty good), the sound is out of sync and stutters; 2) with MPA Decoder, it drops out regularly so basically un-listenable. Since I have a old video card that does not support H.264 hardware decoding, my CPU usage is very high, could that have something to do with the stuttering and drop outs? For some reason, the AC3Filter is working better than the MPA Decoder in my present rig, does that provide any clue? Your comments and feedback are much appreciated.

Jaz

p.s. where are the graphedit screenshots stored? Can't seem to locate them after searching my hard drive...

where are the graphedit screenshots stored? in your mouse :)
paste to Adobe or Paintshop..

Dude did you read my post....
I recomend you to unistall evry last codex and filter
install only SAF newst.. use the MPA Decoder, and set "direct show filter control to s/pdif" (in MP config)

Yes, I did uninstall everything as you suggested, installed SAF, etc., but I still got poor audio, so I went back and reinstalled AC3Filter, ffdshow and ran more tests without much success. As I suspected, it turns out the trouble that I was having had nothing to do with the codec's but rather with my graphics card. As I mentioned, the CPU load when playing 1080p mkv file was very high, so basically the system was chocking and causing audio dropouts and stuttering. I went out and bought an ASUS 4650 card (I needed one without fan, and that was the only one I could find in the stores), and lo and behold, with H.264 hardware decoding done by the GPU, the audio is running just fine. So, this is the latest setup I have - SAF 3.3, MP 1.0 with MPC and MPA for H.264 video and audio decode respectively.:D

Jaz

suntrip

January 31, 2009
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Is the path to MP correct?

yes

Please, check in regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaPortal

Is there a "VersionBuild" key?

Having the exact same problem. I do have the VersionBuild reg entry there with a value of 0.

Seems something has gone wrong in the MP install.

Running Windows XP btw :)

Edit: I tried manually adding the value and now the SAF installer works like a charm.

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    hoborg: could you please remove the PowerDVD check or change it to a warning? I am using PowerDVD8 for Blu-rays and therefore cannot uninstall it.

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Trying to figure out why 2channel MP3 audio in MKV's and 5.1 AAC in Apple trailers won't output audio for me. I Checked Graphedit, and the audio goes from Haali Mediasplitter to MPC-MPA Audio Decoder to Default DS Device. I tried in MP as well as Windows Media player but I can't seem to get audio for these audio formats.

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    and the audio goes from Haali Mediasplitter to MPC-MPA Audio Decoder to Default DS Device.

How did you get the MPC-MPA Audio Decoder to show up? I don't have any MPC-MPA codec options in MediaPortal and there are no options for 5.1 audio for instance my MKV's are not playing in 5.1 right now and give an error message when I start them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom