SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (4 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Ac3 + dts passthrough

First of all, thanks a lot for this great codec pack!

Im having a really weird issue.
When I leave my HTPC on idle for about 2 hours (main menu), when try to play a MKV with DTS or AC3 audio, I have a codec failure.
If I close the Media Portal and open it, everything works fine until it stays on idle for about 2 hours.

I run Vista x86 + SAF + AC3Filter with DTS and AC3 Passtrough. All the standby options are disabled on windows.

Any ideas?

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, I'm now using UNlocked SAF, but I still don't think I am getting DXVA, as when I watch live HD Tv it's very jittery and CPU usage is up over 60%.
    My onboard graphics is ATI HD3200, and using Vista x86. Similar motherboard downstairs (different brand, same chipset) is fine, does DXVA on HD TV with PDVD7 Codec installed.

Upstairs I am trying SAF as that didn't work, and I've got the PDVD9 option selected in TV config. I've also got the option to use hardware acceleration selected in the DirectShow bit. But it still doesn't seem to work...

Attached is my graph - it seems to be using the correct codec? But I don't know how to tell if dxva is used. Do I need to do something to activate it for the PDVD9 side? I remember the actual PDVD software had a tickbox for turning it on and off so perhaps that setting needs activating some other way? Or is the problem going to be something else?

Thanks for any pointers!

Attachments

• graph.jpg
      graph.jpg
      45.6 KB

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    OK, I'm now using UNlocked SAF, but I still don't think I am getting DXVA, as when I watch live HD Tv it's very jittery and CPU usage is up over 60%.
    My onboard graphics is ATI HD3200, and using Vista x86. Similar motherboard downstairs (different brand, same chipset) is fine, does DXVA on HD TV with PDVD7 Codec installed.

Upstairs I am trying SAF as that didn't work, and I've got the PDVD9 option selected in TV config. I've also got the option to use hardware acceleration selected in the DirectShow bit. But it still doesn't seem to work...

Attached is my graph - it seems to be using the correct codec? But I don't know how to tell if dxva is used. Do I need to do something to activate it for the PDVD9 side? I remember the actual PDVD software had a tickbox for turning it on and off so perhaps that setting needs activating some other way? Or is the problem going to be something else?

Thanks for any pointers!

All seems to be OK...

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes... I think one thing I might try is playing back the recording on the other PC - perhaps it's slow recording which is where the jitter comes from... I think it was playing back BD rips OK so it's just live tv giving trouble - perhaps I have an IO bottleneck recording the TS to disk?

andreas2

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello
    since SAF4.00 with Beta16 and Beta17 I have problems with online videos South Park, NASA, Apple Trayler and Surf and ...
    No sound.
    WindowsXP SP3 Nvidia 190.xx, SPDIF
    Graph

File-Source -> Haali Media Splitter -> MPC-Video-Decoder -> VMR9
    -> Cyberlink Audio Decoder -> AC3-Decoder -> Default Direct Sound Device

Andreas

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hello
    since SAF4.00 with Beta16 and Beta17 I have problems with online videos South Park, NASA, Apple Trayler and Surf and ...
    No sound.
    Graph

Andreas

Cyberlink Audio Decoder - this is not part of SAF, i bet this one causing your problem.

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Hoborg, I tried using Beta 17 to get WMV from gametrailers working but no luck :(

You wrote in another thread that standard OS Codecs are used to decode WMV (Windows 7 in my case), but this does not seem to be the case here (please see graph)

What's the problem? The audio or the video part?

Attachments

• gtgraph.jpg
      gtgraph.jpg
      30.4 KB

andreas2

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zitat:
    Zitat von andreas2 Beitrag anzeigen
    Hello
    No sound.
    Graph

Andreas
    Cyberlink Audio Decoder - this is not part of SAF, i bet this one causing your problem.

This Decoder I need for PDVD7! What can I do?

jumpa

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Firenze
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Hoborg
    great job with this suite of codec!

I've a couple of problems with H.264 codec: when I play a MKW, H.264 video, I can see it very well. The problems are:
    first, I can't see subtitles (ok in MP-HC); second: when I stop the video and go back to the menu, the haali splitter systray's icon doesn't close. I'm running Media Portal in windowed mode, to see the CPU usage (<10%, Phenom II X3 720 BE) and if the Haali closes. It will be unloaded only when I close Media Portal. If I restart the video, I get a new Haali icon and so on.

thank you for you job!

Jumpa
    :D

HI, is there anyone who has any idea for this problem?

:D
    Jumpa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom