SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (1 Viewer)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I dont get that. I dont have ffdshow as post-processing and i still get ac3, dts, ... passthrough.
    What does it add?

I believe that it allows PCM5.1 to be re-encoded as AC3.
    This is needed for 5.1 AAC and 5.1 WMV over SPDIF.
    Hoborg may have other reasons too, but without post processing you would only get 2 Ch SPDIF for those two formats

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Quoting myself :)

Found a solution! It was the Cool & quiet function that messed things up, disabled it in BIOS and now all videos plays smooth as silk :)

Maybe you should put this as a tip in the first post Hoborg, so that others know about it :)

i had the same issue a long time ago, it is indeed the c&c function. when the 4850e clocks to 1000mhz it also reduces the ht-link speed. as a result the hd3200 is lacking bandwidth to perform dxva, therefore the stuttering. When you set (in windows) that the 4850e can reduce it's clockspeed to 50% (1800mhz) there is enough bandwidth to perform fullscreen dxva, and you will still have reduced powerconsumption from the 4850e.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi all,

Hope someone can help me with this problem that keeps popping up. Below you see two images attached, one about PowerDVD version and one of Graphstudio.

First the problem with PowerDVD, it says on install of the SAF codec pack that I have an old version. I downloaded the latest trial version from Cyberlink site and extracted the needed file as described in the first post. Where can I get the proper version?

Second is the video decoding. I installed all the packs with administrative rights. My mistake in the beginning was that I didn't use administrative rights to install these codecs. It now uses the codec's that I would expect it to, but there is one I didn't expect to see. As you can see on the image it shows that after haali splitter it says: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder. Is this correct? Isn't this supposed to be MPC-HC? I'm getting a little confused on this... Anyone got some input on this?

1) use *unlocked* SAF
    2):
    log.png

Send me SAF logs!

I was very very busy this weekend, sorry for that. Here are my SAF log files.

Hope you can help me get rid of the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video decoder that is in the way.

Original post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/525107-post3299.html

I launched Studiograph.exe and did load media file and loaded a Fringe episode. The results are in a screenshot in my original post. These screens and logs are still from the LOCKED version of the SAF codecs. I will try to install the UNLOCKED one soon.

Tnx in advance,
    Domini0n

[EDIT]
    How can I remove SAF codec pack?
    I installed it under Windows 7, but it doesn't show up in the software uninstall list.
    The Start Menu entry also does not provide an uninstall option. Is it save to run UNLOCK SAF over the current one?

Never mind, running SAF pack again asks to uninstall first, NICE!

You need to use up-to-date SAF version (RC1 was used) Please try SAF4.0beta19.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    i have onboard intel graficks card...
    How do i dissable DVXA ??? i think thats why i cant play .ts files, the MP stops
    And WMP also cant play.
    And The classick media player also cant

Move to other computer, that has K-Lite codes and classick media player, andf it play fine in classick, and wmp

So i want to trest dissabel the DVXA thing, or what its called..
    how do i do that?

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am thinking about making a complete reinstall of my HTPC. I will used WinXP SP3 etc.
    This is because the system have been a bit clogged by all "test" installations.

I have an ATI HD3650 AGP card with more or less perfect DXVA for x264 today. I am using Catalyst 8.5 because that was the version recommended a while back ago for DXVA support and AGP ATI cards. Is it today safe to use 9.4+ version of catalyst for AGP systems (as recommended in the first post in this thread).
    I know that 9.9 is available for AGP systems (hotfix version).

Any suggestions are welcome since I don't want to start a fresh xp install with install/uninstall of different catalyst versions.

I have now tested 9.10 AGP Hotfix version and that turned out to be crap. I got lots of lots of graphical errors on 1080p material.

I am now back on 8.5 and it works good. (Thank god for True Image Try & Decide mode). I will later on try a complete reinstall with catalyst 8.5 and latest SAF. Hopefully that will result in a perfect system. (I hope)

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    How do i dissable DVXA ??? i think thats why i cant play .ts files, the MP stops
    And WMP also cant play.

Move to other computer, that has K-Lite codes and classick media player, andf it play fine in classick, and wmp

how do i do that?

START- SAF - MPC-HC - disable DXVA

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok tried SAF.

DTS-MA didn't work. It just stated DTS on my display of my receiver. And yes I edited the pass.reg. Couldn"t test TRUE-HD, because mediaportal crashed when loading a movie (Fracture.m2ts). Sample didn't load in moving pictures.

Also I had the following problem: Everything that was Mpeg 2 ran verry choppy. I tried DVD and Live TV.

Any solutions?

Thx

Did you tryed FFDShow video decoder for DVD?

Yes, no luck

But my main concern is to get DTS-MA and TRUE-HD working!

Is anyone got this working on his/her HTPC? Or does anyone have a solution/suggestion. :D

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And WMP also cant play.

how do i do that?

whats this bro ?
    MPC-HC ??

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    And WMP also cant play.

how do i do that?

whats this bro ?
    MPC-HC ??

MPC video decoder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom