SAF v4.00 ''stable'' (StandAlone Filters) - DXVA ready (H.264 and VC-1). (3 Viewers)

Should i integrate FFDshow in to SAF?

• Yes

Votes: 406 85.5%
  • No

Votes: 69 14.5%

• Total voters

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Thanks for the hint but I don't really think this has the same source for my problem as I didn't have de-synch of audio until now and stuttering is not occationally appearing. And it also appears in Windows Media Player.
Do you have a guess for another player to try the playback?

I don't want to give on that right now - but - if it is the integrated HD 3200 (+ maybe the HT) it should be solved with your card as it has its own memory, isn't it?

Did you set the memory of the GPU to 512 MB in the BIOS?

Yes. 512MB.
Also, already tried to increase GPU frequency to 700 MHz - no effect.
Is it save to increase/overclock the HT frequency (separate entry in my BIOS) to 1200 MHz?

FreeFrag

Portal Pro
May 7, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello hoborg,

Yesterday I updated from beta18 to beta19.

I have my HTPC connected to either Projector + Receiver using VGA + TOSLINK or my LCD using HDMI. I always start the HTPC with one of these connections so Windows pass the sound to the correct source. I only use one of the connections at the time and never have them connected all together.

With beta18 I got 5.1 DD and DTS to my receiver when this was connected and when I used the HDMI I got 2.0 stereo out to my LCD TV. This worked without problems and I didn't have to change any settings. All I did was start the HTPC with either (VGA + TOSLINK) or (HDMI) connected.

With beta19 it works with (VGA + TOSLINK). I get 5.1 DD and DTS to my receiver. With HDMI connected I can't even start a movie within MP, it just go back to the menu where I select the movie.

I guess this has to do with the 5.1 pass-through setting in FFDShow, and the removal of ac3filter?

Also,
Would it be possible to automatically change the passthrough setting in FFDShow depending on which connection windows starts with, or place a shortcut on the desktop that changes this setting without having to go into FFDShow audio config and dig it out.

Thanks

bart0190

Portal Pro
January 17, 2009

Thanks for the hint but I don't really think this has the same source for my problem as I didn't have de-synch of audio until now and stuttering is not occationally appearing. And it also appears in Windows Media Player.

I don't want to give on that right now - but - if it is the integrated HD 3200 (+ maybe the HT) it should be solved with your card as it has its own memory, isn't it?

Try MPC-HC player

Thanks. But same with MPC-HC player.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello hoborg,

Yesterday I updated from beta18 to beta19.

I have my HTPC connected to either Projector + Receiver using VGA + TOSLINK or my LCD using HDMI. I always start the HTPC with one of these connections so Windows pass the sound to the correct source. I only use one of the connections at the time and never have them connected all together.

With beta18 I got 5.1 DD and DTS to my receiver when this was connected and when I used the HDMI I got 2.0 stereo out to my LCD TV. This worked without problems and I didn't have to change any settings. All I did was start the HTPC with either (VGA + TOSLINK) or (HDMI) connected.

With beta19 it works with (VGA + TOSLINK). I get 5.1 DD and DTS to my receiver. With HDMI connected I can't even start a movie within MP, it just go back to the menu where I select the movie.

I guess this has to do with the 5.1 pass-through setting in FFDShow, and the removal of ac3filter?

Also,
Would it be possible to automatically change the passthrough setting in FFDShow depending on which connection windows starts with, or place a shortcut on the desktop that changes this setting without having to go into FFDShow audio config and dig it out.

Thanks

I am not sure about that. In ffdshow audio decoder - output - there are some "connect to" options, there are "direct sound" pre-configured, try to change it to "any filter"
If you figeure it out, please give me known, maybe i can do something on SAF side...

Try MPC-HC player

Thanks. But same with MPC-HC player.

If MPC-HC players act the same then:

-your video sample is broken, have stuttering "included"
-problem on hardware side
-drivers

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This combination of CPU and motherboard is not ok.

this statement doesn't make any sense imho...could you elaborate?

See:
AnandTech: AMD 780G: Preview of the Best Current IGP Solution
HyperTransport 3.0 capability (5.2GT/s+ interface) is included and is extremely important in extracting every last ounce of performance out of the HD 3200 graphics core. AMD recommends the Phenom processor family (Ed: not just to sell out stocks of B2 processors) in order to fully take advantage of the performance offered by the HD 3200. With a Phenom onboard, the HD 3200 will perform post-processing on high-definition content and it makes a difference in image quality and fluidity during 1080p playback. In fact, the graphics core is so sensitive to the HT interconnect link speed that simply raising the standard 1.8GHz speed to 2.2GHz on our 9600BE resulted in measurable performance differences in a few applications.

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Attachments

• UILang-de.JPG
      UILang-de.JPG
      75.3 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @bart0190

The stuttering full HD video panning landscapes you describe may relate to 24fps judder which is inherient with 24fps material (24fps is not a very fast frame rate). Or it may relate to your screen refresh rate =/= fps of source material. It is not necessarily related to your video card being maxed out. The fact that you have low judder and 0 dropped frames suggests that it is not your video card that is causing the problem, i imagine it is probably either refresh rate or just the fact that the original video does have slight jerking related to 24fps. However if you want your onboard HD3200 to run faster, changing the FSB (HT freq) has a much greater effect than changing VGA core. I used to overclock my HD3200 HT to 1375Mhz and it was fine.

Overclocking the 780G/HD3200 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
    GP Forums - Increasing HT frequency for 780G

In the end best overclock settings for me were:
    [collapse]FSB = 275Mhz (This gives HT 1375Mhz)
    CPU multiplier = (Drop this to keep your CPU running at same speed, CPU Speed = FSB (Increased) x Multiplier (Decrease)
    RAM = Auto, may need to increase the voltage by +0.1 to +0.2 volts
    Northbridge = may need to increase voltage by +0.1 to +0.2 volts
    HD3200 shared memory = 512mb (Don't use auto)
    VGA Core = 600 Mhz[/collapse]

This is an interesting read -> The Big Judder Problem and the Overhyping of 24p

[collapse]... motion judder, an extremely annoying artifact that derives from the fact that movies are filmed at 24 frames per second (fps). The 24 fps sampling rate was adopted as a de facto standard in 1926 when the budding film industry recognized they needed a sampling rate fast enough to support a coherent audio track ... The industry standard 24 fps film rate is an albatross that we've been stuck with ever since. As it turns out, it is way too slow to resolve camera panning motion cleanly. So when a movie camera pans at an unfortunate speed, you get motion judder. Sometimes you get it in spades ...

... The sad fact is, your high resolution 1080p/24 system is simply showing you the picture as encoded on the Blu-ray disc in its authentic naked form ... in a commercial movie theater the double shuttering action of the movie theater's projection system reduces the experience of judder and flicker. You can see some judder in the movie theater, but it is not as pronounced as it is on a digital home theater projector playing Blu-ray or HD DVD at 24p ...

... Professional cinematographers are acutely aware of the limitations of 24 fps capture rates. They go to great lengths to control the camera in such a way that juddering effects are minimized, because directors don't like it any more than we do. One common technique is to put the camera on a track and move the camera at the same pace as a moving subject, so that the subject remains stationary in the frame. If the subject does not move across the screen, the subject does not judder. However, if the background is moving behind the subject, the background will indeed judder ...[/collapse]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom