Scraper request - www.csfd.cz [CZ] (1 Viewer)

no.diggity

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Feeling almost desperate.

Complete fresh install of MP RC 2, latest Moving Pictures plugin with CSFD scrape 0.1.7 and no change...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Feeling almost desperate.

Complete fresh install of MP RC 2, latest Moving Pictures plugin with CSFD scrape 0.1.7 and no change...

Somebody else was kind enough to install scraper and run Fiddler2, and works fine for them.

Of course we already knew that, because Trottel and others have no problem with it. So do you have something different on your system that is causing this maybe? Norton, Kaspersky, or other type of software that would interfere with your HTTP stream perhaps?

no.diggity

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Well, I give up :confused:. I tried all possible combinations (everytime new fresh install of MP):

- MP RC1 with both older and latest version Moving Pictures, older and latest version of CSFD scraper
    - MP RC2 with latest Moving Pictures (older one does not work for me at all in RC2), older and latest version of CSFD scraper

Still nothing works for me. It is so frustrating, mainly because there is no reason for the plugin to not work properly. I also disabled all software, which may interfere with net traffic (AVG antivirus, Spybot, Teamviewer...)

Guess I have 2 options now - will use imdb.com results (no problem for me, but still would be nice to have the movie info in czech automatically) or manually copy and add summary and name of the movie in czech. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you all for your time, if you have any more ideas, please let me know.

PS: because there IS history when the plugin worked correctly, one last chance seems to be reinstalling whole system (Vista 64-bit), which I don't want to do for now, because it will take hell a lot of time...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    PS: because there IS history when the plugin worked correctly, one last chance seems to be reinstalling whole system (Vista 64-bit), which I don't want to do for now, because it will take hell a lot of time...

To repair and reset the Windows Vista

1. Click on Start button.
    2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
    3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.
    4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    5. Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    6. Type exit in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    7. Restart the computer.

Try the above, it will repair the Winsock and TCP/IP stack on OS, which is last resort when there is funky networking stuff (which is obviously the case). No reinstall of entire OS is needed then. Maybe you installed some WinCap alike program/tool before and it left a damaged stack behind. Doesn't explain why imdb.com scraper works fine, but at this point pixiedust seems to be needed to fix your problem :cool:

no.diggity

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    OK, I did the procedure as you wrote and again, it did not help.

On the other side, I have finally something new. I tried to install MP RC2 with latest Moving Pictures plugin on different computer (notebook with Vista 32-bit, wireless connected to my ADSL modem / router) and had the same issue. It looks like there is a problem with my modem / router, but I have no idea, what that might be...

no.diggity

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    My router / modem is NET Linksys WAG54G2 (Wireless-G ADSL2+ Home Gateway,Annex B).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    OK, I did the procedure as you wrote and again, it did not help.

On the other side, I have finally something new. I tried to install MP RC2 with latest Moving Pictures plugin on different computer (notebook with Vista 32-bit, wireless connected to my ADSL modem / router) and had the same issue. It looks like there is a problem with my modem / router, but I have no idea, what that might be...

You favor Opera as per your previous feedback, which is fine, but does IE8 work? Also make sure all Critical and Recommended Windows updates are installed. The .NET framework relies on the "Internet Explorer" part of Windows to obtain internet data, so you need to test if those manual links open fine in IE, perhaps reinstall .NET framework v3.5 and verify all Windows Update updates are installed for it.

Of course the imdb.com scraper works fine for you, so it's a really weird problem you are experiencing.

One way to test if it is your modem/router, is to take your notebook to a friend, and try it on their internet connection (or perhaps a free WiFi hotspot somewhere).

Trottel

Portal Member
    February 18, 2009
    Liberec
    Home Country

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I made some other changes to the script and posted it in the new thread, because here could be difficult to find current version.

Yes, I recommend you keep adjusting the first post on your new thread to always show the current version, that way it is easy for people to find it.

RoChess, thank you very much for your help.

P.S. RoChess, may I ask you for help with another scraper script? I'm trying to create script for www.FDb.cz but without any success.

No problem, glad to help.

And sure, I can help you on that one as well, but you'll have to help me on the basics and do the trial&error part to test scraper and provide scraper-debug logs. This goes a lot better in real-time, so we'll have to sync up on IRC.

Users who are viewing this thread