Not open for further replies.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The whole screen was black. Strg+alt+entf did not bring up the taskmanager, the screen stayed black.
    Standby+resume again made MePo visible. It was switched to window mode. I'm not sure, but I think that I have triggered that.
    That is one thing you have to trigger. Maybe you tried it getting MP to respond.

[2013-04-28 20:00:07,409] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - D3D: Switching from full screen to windowed mode

Don't see anything special in the logs. Can you please try without 3rd party plugins and also without PowerScheduler. The usual try and error to limit things down where it is coming from. Also try to add a delay on resuming.

Let me know if it makes a difference. If not we need to work on this a bit more with logging additional information specific to your system to find out what's blocking MP from rendering.

Also try to do the minimum steps to reproduce the issue, so I have as clean logs as possible. If MP does not respond (give it a couple of seconds), just kill it from the Task Manager. Avoids ton of other stuff in the logs in the end and makes it easier for me to see when it was stuck.

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Scythe42 Is the new build there within 30 minutes? (I have nooooo clueeee) If not, I will go for build from 26th to test again.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nah, need a bit longer... Watching some TV Shows at the moment. Taking a break before resuming work here.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Installed Scythes build (26th)
    - My mediaportal.xml >> No issue. 50fps GUI
    - @HomeY 's mediaportal.xml >> No issue. 50fps GUI
    - Homey's xml + Mediaportal.exe from post 322 >> No issue, 50fps GUI.

23-21-24.png

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    after Stoping TV MediaPortal freezes and I have to kill it to get on.
    Log do not show why the player hangs on stopping. Not enough information is logged where it is inside the code. Can anyone reproduce the problem?

As usual try without any 3rd party plugin to limit down where it might come from.

From your log you have some issues thatn can be involved here:
    Code:
    [2013-04-28 23:07:44,955] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: 'MyStreamRadio, Version=0.6.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    [2013-04-28 23:07:52,009] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll: Die DLL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll": Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x8007007E) kann nicht geladen werden.
    [2013-04-28 23:07:59,435] [Error  ] [BassAudio] [ERROR] - BASS: No audio decoders were loaded. Confirm decoders are present in \musicplayer\plugins\audio decoders folder.

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This evening I had a black screen when resuming from S3.
    I did some plugin experiments. World Weather Lite does freeze MP on resuming from hibernation. Did about 50 resume tests (three hibernation / resume in a row). Just stayed on Basic Home of Titan for this test. Possible that other plugins when active have issues as well.

And when Weather Lite was disabled I never had a freeze. When it was enabled in whatever combination I had freezes most of the time. I always waited a couple of seconds between changing the states.

Anyone has link to the source of Weather Lite? Like to take a look at it

MP it self will be there when plugins or blocking it on resuming. The problem is that they are blocking the rendering as the window Plugin is doing stuff MP waits for.

And in case they crash in some way on a resume it might result in that the MP is blocked. As said hard to troubleshoot in general and nearly impossible to track on the MP side what a plugin is doing.

I have no real idea how to deal with such delays in the MP side...

If plugins to stuff in reaction to messages that take longer they should do it in a worker thread and let MP continue instead of blocking everything.

Also note that any plugin who does stuff on resuming might cause a delay before MP can render a new output. It probably depends what these plugins are doing or not doing on a resume event and when.

For example if they try to get some information from the network it might take some time. The bad thing is when the plugins do not log stuff. Hard to troubleshoot.

For example PS++ might take a few seconds. It runs in a timeout after 8 I think, but it logs stuff nicely.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I'm not sure @Micropolis supply the source but i'm maybe wrong here, i pretty sure Alex can help you/us for sure, better to ask him directly (you maybe already do it : )

Seb.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom