Not open for further replies.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Code:
    [2013-04-20 06:09:48,607] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Main: OnResume - OnResume called but MP is not in suspended state.

That's why you don't see anything. Will check the logs for more details what is missing in your setup.

I tried to reproduce it with multiple hibernate/resumes in a row, with avr and tv off. I still get the error messages you qouted, but problem didnt show again. :/

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do we know if the people who had problems with Intel GPUs in the previous build have tested this one? 90 downloads so far and very few issues, so I guess we are close!
    No reply yet.

Not tested this stuff before, but I installed the latest version on an old laptop running Win 8 and gave it a quick test.

This has a 945GM chipset (GMA950 graphics, no hardware vertex shader support) and not seen any problems, except that with MP running in a window, playing 720 x 480 interlaced video, the CPU usage seemed higher than I remember with 1.3.0. I'll re-install 1.3.0 and check it. The screen resolution is 1680 x 1050.

Last edited:

swado

January 25, 2013
    Engadine, New South Wales, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Attached is screenshot and log's, in log I opened mediaportal first (all good), put PC to sleep, woke up PC and it came up half screen as per screenshot but then adjusted to full screen correctly. Put PC to sleep again, woke up and this time came up incorrect as per screenshot and didn't adjust MP to correct resolution
    Could you try again and enable "minimize to tray on focus loss" in the startup/resume settings. I want to know if this makes a difference in behaviour to limit things a bit down. Still need to find out why it has problems on several suspend/resume cycles (maybe a regression in my fixes).

Ok,

tested again, changed setting as requested (have attached screenshot of the startup/resume menu so you can see exact settings), doesn't appear to have made any change.

Sequence of events is (mediaportal.log)

1. Launched Mediaportal (all good)
    2. Put PC to sleep and woke up (can see mediaportal come up not full screen for about 2-3 seconds same as original screenshot then goes fullscreen correctly)
    3. Put PC to sleep again and woke up, this time came up incorrectly again however this time it didn't resize to correct resolution (display.jpg)
    4. Put PC to sleep again and woke up (same as point #2 working fine)
    5. Same as #2 (working fine)
    6. Same as #2 (working fine)

I then closed mediaportal and relaunched again thinking maybe it's happening the 2nd time it goes to sleep after every launch, however this time after the first wakeup it resized wrong and didn't correct (mediaportal-2ndattempt.log)

Let me know if you need me to try anything else

Cheers,
    Andrew

Attachments

• config menu.jpg
      config menu.jpg
      137.8 KB
    • display.jpg
      display.jpg
      300.5 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

@Scythe42 about third party plugins :
    Code:
    [2013-04-21 10:53:25,273] [Error  ] [20	  ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. mscorlib	at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
      at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.DBOption.LogOptions()
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.Init()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile) in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\PluginManager.cs:line 702
    [2013-04-21 10:56:27,557] [Log	] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.AvailabilityChangeListener.Stop(NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler caller)
      at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.remove_NetworkAvailabilityChanged(NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler value)
      at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.DeInit()
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<Clear>b__4(GUIWindow window) in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 597
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo) in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 1479
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear() in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 595
      at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
      at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)  Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  Site  : Void Stop(System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler)  Source : System  Stack Trace:	at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.AvailabilityChangeListener.Stop(NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler caller)
      at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.remove_NetworkAvailabilityChanged(NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler value)
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<Clear>b__4(GUIWindow window) in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 597
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo) in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 1479
      at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear() in D:\svnroot\MediaPortal-1_Fork_2\mediaportal\Core\guilib\GUIWindowManager.cs:line 595
      at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
    [2013-04-21 10:56:27,557] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System	at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.AvailabilityChangeListener.Stop(NetworkAvailabilityChangedEventHandler caller)
      at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

What should be needed to fix it (plugins side) ? :)
    I also see imdb kind of same error.

Sometimes it prevent MP to start.

I also see twice between many start MP windowed (mouse cursor was hidden) but after reduce/restore mp windows it was back (also back after enter in MyVideo) :)
    Will try to reproduce it with log :)
    Thanks.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TvSeries is working fine here with the build 18 ... so it is maybe because of some other stuff and not scythes rework :) Did you try to compile TvSeries by your self using latest master/scythes branch, maybe they refer to some changed binaries...

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached the log
    Please send full logs (at least the tv server logs too) and write at what time what is / should be happening.

Michael

I have created some more logfiles ...
    Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need more.

What I did:

Configuration:
    • PS++ idle time 3 min
    • Windows Screensaver idle time 4 min
    1. 11:21 restarted MePo and TV-Server to have new logfiles
    2. 11:21 Start playing a song which is longer than 4 min
    3. 11:25 screensaver starts
    4. after additional ca. 30 sec the song ended
      I would assume that from now + 3 mins the PS++ should send the PC to sleep
    5. 11:32 PC is still not sleeping, ending the screensaver by clicking a button on my remote
      waiting until 3 min PS++ idle time is gone
    6. 11:35 PC goes to sleep

Attachments

• screensaver_no_standby.7z
      39.7 KB
    Last edited:

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would assume that from now + 3 mins the PS++ should send the PC to sleep
    No, since
    • PS++ is not configured to actively send the PC to sleep (this is left to Windows in your configuration)
    • there were sporadic events preventing Windows from sleep mode at 11:27, 11:31 and 11:32 (11:32 + 3 mins = 11:35:) )
      [DRIVER] \FileSystem\rdbss (output from powercfg /requests)
    Michael

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TvSeries is working fine here with the build 18 ... so it is maybe because of some other stuff and not scythes rework :) Did you try to compile TvSeries by your self using latest master/scythes branch, maybe they refer to some changed binaries...

I have the same issue with build 18, i will try for svn source :)
    Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom