• Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @HomeY,

The default settings for my driver are

Code:
    <Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
    		<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&amp;DEV_9490&amp;SUBSYS_E101174B&amp;REV_00_4&amp;1716649E&amp;0&amp;0008A">
    		  <Property name="Want_0" value="16500" />
    		  <Property name="Want_1" value="30000" />
    		  <Property name="Want_2" value="75000" />
    		</Feature>

and I still can't get the problem to appear. Might be worth giving these values a shot??

If I get time later I might re-install the old driver so I can compare values.

Cheers,

Wo0zy

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been testing and testing with this now, but after a couple of reboots, i'm back @ 32 FPS. No tears yet please ;) since GPU-Z keeps reporting a 100MHz clock speed, were my profile is definitely set @ 400MHz. Will clean up the drivers, re-install and try again.
    Changed profile active?

At least we have the issue identified. I will try in the code to see where it makes sense to setup a new timer if the GPU clock rate changed, so MP can adjust as quickly as possible. Yes, during transition there might be a stutter. But that is nothing I can prevent.

The animations then can be calculated according to this. Just to let you know guys: this can be triggered on 1.3.0 as well if the load is not high enough. Problem: currently build has lower GPU load...

Setting to max performance: yeah, that should turn off any power management even of a GPU driver - if the GPU driver checks Windows' power settings (does not have to and is not the norm).

Will be back later with some changes and then we can create a new build.

@Testers: For 1.5.0: the GUI Animations speed may not be tied to the GPU clock rate. It needs to use a stable timer based on the selected refresh rate. Can someone please Mantis this?

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While you're at the rendering thing: If you keep the MP GUI idle for some time it reduces the frame rate to 5fps and you can't disable this
    => the consequence: Scrolling dialogs etc are very slow...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @HomeY,

The default settings for my driver are

Code:
    <Feature name="AutoTuneSupport" />
    		<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_PCI_VEN_1002&amp;DEV_9490&amp;SUBSYS_E101174B&amp;REV_00_4&amp;1716649E&amp;0&amp;0008A">
    		  <Property name="Want_0" value="16500" />
    		  <Property name="Want_1" value="30000" />
    		  <Property name="Want_2" value="75000" />
    		</Feature>

and I still can't get the problem to appear. Might be worth giving these values a shot??

If I get time later I might re-install the old driver so I can compare values.

Cheers,

Wo0zy
    Mine are 100, 400, 650 and i've tried settings Want_0 to 150 first, that didn't work. Tried 400 after that, and that seemed to work, but somehow after a couple of good results, i'm back @ 100MHz clock speed. Still seems that this is the issue ;)
    Just removed everything from ATi and removed every oemX.inf on the system & ran driver sweeper. Let's see how it goes with a clean start!

Changed profile active?
    Yeps, but should be activated after a reboot automatically (from the thread). Seems it doesn't seem to work for most people.

@Testers: For 1.5.0: the GUI Animations speed may not be tied to the GPU clock rate. It needs to use a stable timer based on the selected refresh rate. Can someone please Mantis this?
    0004386: GUI Animations speed may not be tied to the GPU clock rate.

Setting to max performance: yeah, that should turn off any power management even of a GPU driver - if the GPU driver checks Windows' power settings (does not have to and is not the norm).
    So that might be another way to test/reproduce this. ;)

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    While you're at the rendering thing: If you keep the MP GUI idle for some time it reduces the frame rate to 5fps and you can't disable this
    => the consequence: Scrolling dialogs etc are very slow...

Can it not be disabled? Config -> GUI -> screensaver ???

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Booeehoeeee :( I can't get it fixed anymore.
    First cleaned up everything, removed old profile, regkeys, appdata folders, etc. Rebooted, installed 13.4 and tested -> 32 FPS GUI
    Then tried Powersettings, and set system to High Performance -> 32 FPS GUI
    Rebooted, start MP -> 32 FPS GUI
    Then created a new profile, copied default 1 over, set Want_0 to 400MHz (equal to the Want_1 value), invoked profile (although i have NO clue if this really works...) started MP -> 32 FPS GUI
    Rebooted, invoked profile, start MP -> 32 FPS GUI

#$)(#*@ ...:censored: :censored:

Read the entire thread, and it seems things changed after ATi 12.6 so that might be the reason it's not working here. Last few posts also report this as not working:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2892447&postcount=101

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom