Tools and other software Secunia ( make an auto-update your softwares) (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, Community
    i have found an great software for update all* software installed in your HTPC without requiring user interaction. ( not for all software) like Java ...

Software is Secunia V3

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    secunia does a good task in keeping your software up-to-date, but i really don't like the simplicity that came with v3. Secunia sometimes has problems with updating your application in the right language (if you're not using an en version). Other than that (and maybe some concerns about the data that is transferred to Secunia) this is a must have application if you are concerned about security!
    I can also recommend ninite, you can build your own installers that also (if called again) update the selected applications)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Internet required? DE
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Same applies to MediaPortal 1 ;)
    Hello, I've been searching for a media server for my home entertainment system for a couple of years. I have changed server...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom