Settings configuration inside MP (1 Viewer)

glenn 1990

Portal Pro
July 1, 2010
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Before you start with TV ideas I need to say that TV part is not yet in this project but that is in plan to do, so just write about normal Mp settings here.

Is this planned for 1.3?

I use/change the TV settings very often:)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi glenn and all who ask if this development will be in 1.3.0. Currently the Mantis Issue 3761 is targetted as 'not planned yet'. That is part of this new testing/branches process. Only features that have been tested and approved will be added to 1.3.0. The idea being that we will no longer hold up releases because of features in trunk that are not fully complete.

So the bottom line is, it is partly up to us all to determine if it makes it in 1.3.0!! If it is well tested and Deda can solve any bugs we find, then the plan is to add it to 1.3.0.

@georgious - We could add links to the Wiki pages but it requires a web browser plugin which is not provided as part of MP. So it gets a bit tricker. The easiest is probably to display a dialog/message if no web browser is found.

Deda - I have a question about the UI and Screen Calibration settings. First, are these still used/needed? They only exist in Settings, not Configuration.exe. And if you use them the only way to 'revert' them is by deleting the xmls. So if we keep them it would be nice to have an option in GUI to restore defaults or whatever. I know in the early days I managed to screw up my display quite nicely using them!

EDIT: Will Scroll speed remain under Screen Settings? I always go to look for it under GUI settings (same as in Config) and I could not find List Loop delay settings anywhere - did I miss it? Otherise very clear and intuitive Deda - great job!!!

:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    IDEA: Make this configuration section unskinnable and have the UI look/feel hardcode it into MP itself.

Pros: Always a clean / effective / No errors introduced or options excluded due to skin-faults / It makes the skinners life easier.
    Cons: It doesnt look fancy.... (personally I can live with.)
    I understand your reasoning, but imo it is more important to have a consistent look/UI that matches the skin. Besides, if I cannot skin the settings screens I will not be able to display them in aMPed which uses different font sizes (up to 18pt font for smaller 4x3 screens).
    Many skins use different defaults in references.xml and the settings screen would end up a total mess because it is based on the Default skin defaults in references.xml.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @deda - I have a question about the UI and Screen Calibration settings. First, are these still used/needed? They only exist in Settings, not Configuration.exe. And if you use them the only way to 'revert' them is by deleting the xmls. So if we keep them it would be nice to have an option in GUI to restore defaults or whatever. I know in the early days I managed to screw up my display quite nicely using them!

I certainly still use and need the Calibration settings!

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    @deda - I have a question about the UI and Screen Calibration settings. First, are these still used/needed? They only exist in Settings, not Configuration.exe. And if you use them the only way to 'revert' them is by deleting the xmls. So if we keep them it would be nice to have an option in GUI to restore defaults or whatever. I know in the early days I managed to screw up my display quite nicely using them!

I will check that.

EDIT: Will Scroll speed remain under Screen Settings? I always go to look for it under GUI settings (same as in Config) and I could not find List Loop delay settings anywhere - did I miss it? Otherise very clear and intuitive Deda - great job!!!

It's in GUI/Screen/Scroll speed

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi Deda, great work :) It looks great :) But I have little suggestion for improvement of your improvement, but I'm not sure if it's possible to implement. In current configuration tool for MP is implemented help button which takes you to MP wiki. If it is possible and on screen is some free space, can be shown wiki article with right section of help?

Y, some kind of quick help/overview would be good. Dunno if web browsing is possible because MP will depend on 3rd party plugin, but some kind of fade label on the bottom on every screen with short description of current selected item could be of use.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Deda

Not sure what I want could directly relate to your settings changes, would it be possible to toggle on\off from MP's GUI playing screen in context menu, "use comskip" file to skip adverts.

That setting does not appear in GUI under video config, not sure how i missed it :(

sshot-38.jpg

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi Deda,

I have a question: Currently I use Sebastiii's codec-page mod. Can I combine these two modifications on MP or will that conflict?

It will depend on many factors and I can not give you straight answer. Both patches itself are not in collision in the meaning of changed source files, but you need to combine them in one and try. Not so easy work if there will be a conflicts.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi Deda

Not sure what I want could directly relate to your settings changes, would it be possible to toggle on\off from MP's GUI playing screen in context menu, "use comskip" file to skip adverts.

That setting does not appear in GUI under video config, not sure how i missed it :(

View attachment 98238

I think this is not inside but can be easily added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom