setup help (1 Viewer)

jonnyram

February 7, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have hd homerun prime been trying to setup media portal for hours.I have charter and my cable card already working and all.

Here how far i gotten so far on one of my pc http://i.minus.com/ipbFGS8bNc2UT.png my other one only does 148ch

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

Please can you be more specific about what you need help with.
    It looks like you've scanned in all your channels successfully. You should be able to open MediaPortal and view them... so I'm not sure exactly what you're struggling with.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is what it looks like when i go to my epg http://i.minus.com/ibs1DhLYeOzn7e.png
    That is normal.
    When using a CableCARD, ATSC or clear QAM tuner, you need to provide TV Server with guide data. This is because the guide data is not available from the broadcast stream (technically data is available for some ATSC streams, but TV Server is unable to grab it). If you're used to Windows Media Center: Microsoft pays for the WMC guide data. We don't have the funds to do that. You need to source guide data for yourself.

MediaPortal Wiki

Options:
    1. mc2xml + XMLTV plugin
    2. WebGrab+ + XMLTV plugin (note the section on customising for your location: "If you are in North, Central or South America...).
    3. IMDB + WebEPG plugin.
    4. SchedulesDirect plugin.
    mm

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and it works - slowly but it worked fine. As described, this suddenly stopped working after an update in the last few months. Yesterday, as a test, I deactivated this check box and it...
    Hi, I found the problem in my configuration without PowerDVD. In the past I had configured the following setting: "Use internal...
    Hello english forum! Since my question, which I asked weeks ago in the German-speaking forum, has not been answered until today, I...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom