Setup program unusable with large fonts (1 Viewer)

alessandro

August 6, 2005
If I set the display to use large fonts (120 dpi), the setup forms are all messed up and almost unredable.
My video card is a Geforge 400 MX.

Regards
Alessandro

jonnyb

August 22, 2005
I use 120DPI on a 42inch plasma - this results in several buttons / text being pushed out of the available space - i.e. unreadable.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I have the same problem, and when your only display is the TV it is a must on and old CRT screen to have 120 DPI fonts!

But is messes up the text besides the checkboxes, so the text beside is on 2 lines and therefore almost unreadable.

Can someone please help, or should this be reported as a bug elsewhere???

/Morten

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm assuming this thread refers to the MP install GUI and not the configuration wizard.

This isn't a Mediaportal issue, it's a windows issue, I worked round it in a couple of ways when I tried using large fonts:

1. Go back to normal sized fonts when doing MP maintenance

or

2. Do MP maintenance via a RDP session from another PC, the RDP session changes resolution to the same as the other PC.

Another that springs to mind is run the MP install silently from a command line using MSIEXEC, that way do don't need to interact with the install GUI.

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    cheezey (not complaining, just reporting)

See below the effect with the setup windows with 120DPI setting.

I am not a programmer and if you say this is a windows issue I believe you directly, but the matter of the fact is that other programs don't show this effect with the 120DPI setting! How? I just noticed that I can not find any other program on my PC that uses multiple lines next to the check boxes! Maybe it is an idea to lengthen the text lines (or shorten the texts) to make it single lines?

Anyway I (think I) know what it is (probably) saying :lol:

Cheers
    Ronald

mp_setup.png

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    It doesn't really look so "unusable" to me (in fact, I can read all the wrapped sentences there). It is obviously a small issue with large fonts, but you could always temporarily use small fonts when configuring (as you should not need to configure MediaPortal too often anyway).

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The only real issue is with the weather setup. For me the box "ends" in the middle of the humidity text box and I can't get it to apply the weather settings.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    But can it be fixed?!?!?

Maybe you can see on your normal CRT/LCD screen, but you can't read it on your TV!?!? Its blurry already.

Can somebody please help fix this?

/Morten

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    look this affects a lot of software ie roxio 7.5 has the same problem now given up using 120dpi back to normal anyway you could always change monitor resolution or move the chair closer too the tv. ok only joking
    but this is not really a MP problem yes it would be nice if it supported it but
    normal use have little or no problems when using 120 anyway except using setup/weather when you cant hit the ok button without going to fullscreen which i do.

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread