Shoutcast recording (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Now we have shoutcast working(in .ASX files)...it would be awesome to be able to record the MP3 audio streams as we play them....as we do in XBMC

maybe all ASX files can be saved? video and audio?

A

Anonymous

I'd be nice, if MP supported writing files to disk, doing http reads (like foobar2000 does with the right http_reader input? plugin).

I assume it doesn't..

P.s. I was just about to open a new thread, but then I thought of searching for 'shoutcast'. Perhaps there should be a sticky thread where RFEs are listed, after they are acknowledged by admins/devs. That way one can always check said thread, before posting a new RFE. This becomes usefull when:

- One doesn't know exactly what keywords to search with.
    - One finds a lot of results.
    - After posting and not getting a reply, It is not certain what the devs think of an RFE, ie. whether it is valid. Check the said thread, if it's there it's ok, if ti's not - perhaps a seperate part with 1 liner reason why not...

Oops look at the time... ;)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thebeast said:
    I'd be nice, if MP supported writing files to disk, doing http reads (like foobar2000 does with the right http_reader input? plugin).

I assume it doesn't..

Shoucast playback support and recording support are 2 different things...but its just takes some hard work...and not a priority right now (TV recording is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Since updating the BIOS and the audio driver two weeks ago, I have not experienced the above problem again.
    Occasionally if I pause Live TV then resume it later, the video keeps playing but the audio is stuck in a half second loop. As of...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 recording video DE
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
    VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
    so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom