Skin with TV in background of guide (1 Viewer)

redfoot0

Portal Member
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a skin that shows the TV playing full screen behind the guide instead of in a small window in the corner (same as Windows Media Center)?
Thanks

redfoot0

Portal Member
September 14, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply. Just tried Streamed but it's the same as Titan i.e. the live tv picture is in the bottom corner instead of full screen in the background of the guide

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can play with the skin xmls ...

The Playing Windows normally comes from common.overlay.xml or common.overlay.home.xml - this is imported to the xmls where a player is shown (like mytvguide.xml). you can now create an own common.overlay with only teh settings you want or put it directly into the xml. It's a littel try and error but it should be easy to archive.

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for your reply. Just tried Streamed but it's the same as Titan i.e. the live tv picture is in the bottom corner instead of full screen in the background of the guide

Have you tryed the top bar in streamed, move the cursor to the top of screen when watching TV or a Video and click on the circle with an eye in the middle. This will place the currently playing TV show or Video the background until you click the Top bar eye again. Video will be background for all MP screens until Top Bar is clicked again.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The Playing Windows normally comes from common.overlay.xml or common.overlay.home.xml - this is imported to the xmls where a player is shown (like mytvguide.xml). you can now create an own common.overlay with only teh settings you want or put it directly into the xml. It's a littel try and error but it should be easy to archive.
    Won´t work! That way the overlay would cover the whole screen making all the rest unvisible (because it´s an overlay) ;)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Won´t work! That way the overlay would cover the whole screen making all the rest unvisible (because it´s an overlay) ;)

Yep - you are right :) - But if you put it on top of th xml would the rest not be put above the overlay?

Users who are viewing this thread