Skin Xtreme (Widescreen 16:9) **** 10/04/2018 - version 1.8.0.0 released **** (2 Viewers)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you very much for the link. Will install and check it out momentarily.:)
    Is there any way in the TV Series section to have more of the wide banners visible? Unless I go to FilmStrip or Coverflo view, there are only 4 banners. I always prefer that view as I have lots of shows I am always catching up on. I have a couple possible questions on plugins, but will spend some time going thru the plugin-mod thread first to see if they have already been addressed.
    Thanks again for all the work and effort in this project.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    Installed the 1.4RC earlier and sadly it doesn't work for me.
    The editor looks great and I think is going to be a hit, but the 1.4 skin starts loading and after 5 to 10 seconds the screen goes white (or blank, depending on the system) and just stays there. I've let it go for close to 5 minutes like that before using the task manager to clear it. This is on both a Win 8.1 machine and on a Win 7 Pro machine. Re-installed the 1.3 version and everything works fine. And I'm running MP 1.6RC on both machines.
    So, I guess I'll wait a little while till MP 1.6 final and your 1.4 final are out before trying again.
    Since I like more colorful backgrounds (I've been running with Purevision, thanks for your never-ending improvements, Catavolt, for years now), I am looking for to being able to put in some custom art and menu structures when everything is working solidly.
    I can see myself alternating between Purevision and Xtreme in the near future.:)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Installed the 1.4RC earlier and sadly it doesn't work for me...

Hi tamvegas,
    I've not tried with Win8.1 but with Win7 absolutely yes, so it is very strange that you cannot start the new version of the skin (n); have you tried a simple restart of the PC? I don't know why :confused:, but often for this strange issues a simple pc restart can solve.

Hope this can help

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    once happened to me too, as a result of skin-installation performed concurrently with other operations (I was copying files and other things), I solved by simply re-installing the skin ;)

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ...final version of Xtreme 1.4.0.0 is finally ready for Download !!!
    Adds:
    • BasicHome Menu Editor (a big thx to NicSergio)
    • Support for MyEmulators2
    • Support for Trailers plugin (thx to ltfearme)
    • Overlay to show latest added recorded TV in BasicHome
    • Small Weather Dashboard for BasicHome
    • HTPCInfo Dashboard for BasicHome
    • New skin settings to show or hyde analog clock in top-left corner in BasicHome
    • New skin settings to show or hyde weatherclock in top-right corner in BasicHome
    • New skin settings to show or hyde analog clock in top-left corner in all other views
    • New skin settings to show or hyde weatherclock in top-right corner in all other views
    Changes:
    • Review of Skin Settings to delete all settings done by External Menu Editor
    • Review of animations for BasicHome Submenues lateral blade
    • General review of the animations to improve graphics performances
    • Review of all Backgrounds to remove noise, jpeg artifacts and to have more vivid colors
    • Optimization of the size of all graphic elements to have all of them cached by MP
    • Review of Media overlay for MovingPictures list view when using fanart oriented layout
    • New graphic icons for MovingPictures categories (based on Xzeners Pearl EHS Icons - http://www.xzenersoft.com/), localized in several different languages (needed language must be selected, I suggest in addition to the default English one, during the installation of the skin)
    • New Skin logo
    • Review of all Splashscreens with the substitution of old skin logo with the new one
    Fix:
    • Missing overlay in MovingPicture Details view
    • Wrong visualization of DVD cover art in OnlineVideos list view
    • A lot of small Fix and improvements
    Again a big big thanks to [user]NicSergio[/user] for his fantastic job on the menu editor; a big thanks also to [user]Micropolis[/user] for his kind support, to Catavolt, ltfearme, trevor, cul8er, tgx, wizard123, Harley and in general to all skinners and developers that with their great jobs give us everytime, release after release, skins and plugins ever more beautiful and functional, making MediaPortal each time better and better.

Hope you'll like this new release ;) and... rate it as good as possible :)
    Ciao

Last edited:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ...Is there any way in the TV Series section to have more of the wide banners visible?

...hope this could meet your needs

TVSeries_Widebanners1.jpg TVSeries_Widebanners2.jpg

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Is there a way with the xtreme editor that when going into TV it would run MCE? I previously did something similar with multishortcut.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is there a way with the xtreme editor that when going into TV it would run MCE? I previously did something similar with multishortcut.

It is currently not possible :(
    The editor is an external application which simply modify a configuration file and other small things (in fact the EXE file can be launched from any location).

To do what you ask, the editor should really become a process plugin, then stay active during execution of MP and emulate what is already multishortcut plugin..
    There should also be coordination with the skin in order to identify the control that requires the execution of external programs.

Maybe in the future we might consider how to integrate with Marduk similar requests ;)

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    I was wondering if I could request skin support for the Pandora, MyWebradio and Rockstar plugins. I was able to grab files from Titan's skin for Pandora and Rockstar to get them going without issue but webradio is acting dog slow (which may just be how mywebradio works). The files all had pandora, mywebradio and rockstar in the filename and were located in the titan skin folder and the media folder beneath that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom