Skin Xtreme (Widescreen 16:9) **** 10/04/2018 - version 1.8.0.0 released **** (2 Viewers)

maxez

Portal Member
December 31, 2007
Hi.

I'm using xtreme skin 1.4.0.0 and MP 1.7 Pre Release (1.6 till yesterday).
The weather in top-right corner had once suddenly broken (have no idea, why) and became looking like picture below:
broken_weather.jpg

Installing latest InfoService didn't help.

Any suggestions how I can fix this issue?

Logs attached.

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Алло Maxez,
first of all check in plugins section of MediaPortal Configuration that SkinInfo is enabled.
If no, enable it and see if all is ok.
If yes, try to copy the dll file (SkinInfo.dll) that you can find in attached zip into MediaPortal Windows plugins directory (Program Files\Team MediaPortal\plugins\Windows; overwrite existing file)

Let me know if this solve your issue

Attachments

• SkinInfo.zip
    39.5 KB

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,
version 1.5.0.0 of Xtreme is available in download page.
Due to... the many ideas I have about new themes to develop, I decided to review the content of the main package and to publish in addition a separated extension pack for Xtreme (you can download it here).
The main package now contains only themes with textual BasicHome menu; this means that in this new release Horus is a (new) theme with horizontal textual menu (see screenshots below).
The old Horus theme with horizontal icons menu from now on is called Horus Vision and has been moved into the extension pack.
In general I decided to use the Vision suffix for all themes with icons menu, so into the extension pack you can find a new theme with vertical icons menu called Hero Vision (see this thread for some screenshots) and in the future I hope to add more Vision themes ...maybe with tiled submenu, so...stay tuned ;)
Of course the BasicHome menu of all themes included into the main package and into the extension pack can be managed through the Menu Editor.
After the installation of the extension pack, for the best look and feel with Vision themes, don't forget to use the menu editor to set preferred icons to each menu item.

Hope that many of you enjoy this new release (as always suggestions, comments and critics are more than welcome :))
Ciao

New Horus theme:
BasicHome1.jpg BasicHome11.jpg BasicHome12.jpg BasicHome2.jpg BasicHome3.jpg BasicHome4.jpg BasicHome5.jpg BasicHome6.jpg BasicHome7.jpg MyHomePlugins1.jpg

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi @ll

where is the Plugins? Can´t find "myHomePlugins.xml".

Can somebody help me?

Hi tor2010,
I have tested the installer without detecting any problems, so it is really strange that you can't find myHomePlugins.xml after a regular installation of the skin; in any case attached you can find the original files extracted from the skin (ver.1.5.0.0); simply unzip files and copy them in Xtreme folder (if you're using BasicHome as main menù, use those ones in BasicHomeStyle zip file, while if you're using Classic Home use that one in ClassicHomeStyle zip).

Don't forget to take a look at Xtreme eXtension Pack here ;)

Cheers

Attachments

• BasicHomeStyle.zip
    3.8 KB
  • ClassicHomeStyle.zip
    2.4 KB

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just installed MP 1.7.1 as well as the xtreme skin 1.5.0.0. For the last 3 hours, I have been trying to figure out how to get a proper menu image displayed for the weather plugin in the classic home view.
    I tried the included weather plugin, the standalone weather plugin as well as the weather lite plugin.
    No matter what I do, the menu image shown are the button_empty.png and buttonNF_empty.png instead of any weather menu images.

How can I display an image for the weather plugin other than the default (empty) buttons ??

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    How can I display an image for the weather plugin other than the default (empty) buttons ??

Hi level20peon,
    for those who are my (little) knowledge, there is no way to force the texture of the classic menu buttons.
    It should work simply naming correctly "button_pluginname.png" and "buttonNF_pluginname.png" files.
    Unfortunately for some plugins no one combination of string for pluginname seems to work (for WorldWeather I've tried "button_WorldWeather.png", "button_World Weather.png", "button_World_Weather.png", "button_worldweather.png" etc.).
    I think it is a thing related to the plugin code, so sadly there is no way to fix it changing skin code :(

I know that surely you are using Classic menu for... very good reason, but BasicHome could give you a wide range of customization possibility with the menu editor ;). Furthermore if you want a vertical menu with images (icons), you could take a look at Hero Vision theme that is in Xtreme eXtension Pack (see here); with it and the menu editor you can use your own icons for each menu item and in my opinion the final look&feel can be better than the classic menu one.

Cheers

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it is a thing related to the plugin code, so sadly there is no way to fix it changing skin code :(

So is there a way to determine the string that plugins require the .png files to be named like ? I am now using a workaround: use the empty*.png files for the plugin that won't accept any named buttons. As long as there's only one plugin that cannot be skinned I'm fine using this approach.

I know that surely you are using Classic menu for... very good reason, but BasicHome could give you a wide range of customization possibility with the menu editor ;). Furthermore if you want a vertical menu with images (icons), you could take a look at Hero Vision theme that is in Xtreme eXtension Pack (see here); with it and the menu editor you can use your own icons for each menu item and in my opinion the final look&feel can be better than the classic menu one.

Thanks, but I feel totally overwhelmed by everything that's included in the "standard" xtreme skin pack already... I spent several hours taking out all those extra Logos, clocks, and other things that clutter up my screen.
    I am thankful that you brought back the xface skin, I just like a more basic approach that doesn't let one lose focus and doesn't present a flood of unnecessary information (like weather, clock, Logos on each page etc...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom