Status
Not open for further replies.

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
I've looked on every PC I have but I can't find the installer, which is baffling me, I keep everything and I must have installed it, unless the 1.1.1 version works with 1.2.1 ? It's making me wonder if I have the right version installed - whatever I have is working, but I'm confused now :confused:

mbc0

Portal Member
March 4, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is exactly what I need but I have spent AGES (being a new MP user) getting everything running how I want (without a good EPG) so I cannot downgrade to 1.2.1 as the installer is nowhere to be seen & this won't work on 1.2.2 :-( patience is a virtue I guess! :whistle:

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Once again really sorry for not being around the past few months. Things are (finally!) quietening down now phew!! So hopefully looking to get back to active development soon :)

Right I've now mastered GIT (lol I wish!), but seriously there should now be a branch for the Sky EPG 1.1 code:

https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP_Sky_UK_IT_Enhancements

This is a branch of 1.2.2 tag with the x64 compile problem fixed, the original Sky 1.1 patch applied, and tswriter committed (for those who can't compile the filters). If you like to build MP yourself you should be able to switch to this branch and simply run the release builders.

If you don't build MP yourself, here are the compiled binaries:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0tuvc

**** NOTE ***** I haven't tested this commit or the binaries yet, so be aware that I could have made a mistake (ie it might not work!!!). I'll try and confirm they're ok at some point this week when I have a chance to rebuild my HTPC :)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Yes, thanks so much for the update Miroslav. I was having withdrawal symptoms from series link.

It is just a little to late now, but I managed to find the USB stick that I was after that has the 1.2.1 sky epg zip file on. Just in case anyone still needs this, let me know.

Porky - further to your earlier e-mail, the freezing suddenly stopped upon installing 1.2.2. Really strange. I looked through my logs and could not see anything that would make the freezing. It only occurred whilst I was watching recorded TV back and I also noted that any recordings that were taking place at the same time suffered a loss at the same time - i.e. there was a sudden jump of something like 30 seconds.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Can you please confirm the upgrade process (from 1.2.1 Miroslav Sky EPG) to 1.2.2 (this version)?

Is it a fresh/clean install of 1.2.2 and then apply this release, or can I install/upgrade ontop and keep my settings?

Thanks,

J.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, once MP 1.2.1 has been modified by the Sky modification, you cannot then upgrade to 1.2.2. You shall have to do a fresh install of 1.2.2 and then upgrade this with the new enhancement on the first page of this thread.

jonm

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    Wales
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Oh. That's a bit of a faff. Is this enhancement likely to make it into the main MP soon?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom