Not open for further replies.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info. I think the only non-standard thing I have is the experimental tsreader. I do have PS++, how will it alter that? Do you just use the normal PS for record waking etc? I think I switched to PS++ because I sometimes use the machine as a normal desktop and it was hard to get the sleep working right.

I gather it preserves all the other skin / plugin configs (moving pictures / TV Series etc)?

Thanks J

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Simply put the modified tsreader back after after the install (I run a custom one too).

As for PS++, you reinstall it via MPEI - and all your settings will still be there :)

J.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Sounds like it would be rude not to try this out then :) no doubt I'll get in a pickle and be back at some point crying!

Thanks for the help :) I dream of the day when I stop finding cool new stuff to play with and can actually just sit and watch some TV with MePo!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok so I have already done something so dumb even I can't believe it.. Don't suppose you know the default location of the tv database file?

Edit..

Sorted. Thank god for Windows Server nightly backups.
    Ok so is there a way for me to dump my existing EPG data so I can see that the SkyEPG is working? Preferably without me dropping my entire mptvdb this time :)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

If you go into the MePo TVServer setup program... then into Manual Control.

If you click on "Refresh EPG", this will clear the existing data and then begin a grab - without affecting the rest of your TV server data.

J.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ok so I did that and I have no epg data and it doesn't seem to be populating. I've disabled WebEPG plugin, ticked the check box to grab Sky UK EPG. I have nothing at all selected or enabled in TV or Radio EPG (as WebEPG never needed it). TV is working fine in that both tuners can watch the channels.

I got the impression from reading previous posts it should take minutes to populate and the only needed option is the SkyUK grab tickbox? Should I have something enabled in TV EPG or RadioEPG? Do I need to go and check all the channels I want to grab in TV EPG Grabber?

Incidently my button in manual control says Refresh DVB EPG not Refresh EPG if that means anything.

Cheers!

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Batfink,

I have used this release for a while now and have no problems with it. What I find is that I need to manually 'refresh' the EPG a couple of times first before it seems to populate fully. You should be able to see our DVB-S card grabbing the EPG in the manual section, when you press "Refresh". Make sure an DVB-T cards are set not to grab EPG... (this is under the TV cards setting at the top of the config tree).

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the tip, I did have all 4 cards (DVBTx2 and DVBS2 x 2) set to grab epg so I disabled the DVBT cards. Still nothing seems to happen. When I press refresh in the manual control I get a prompt that grabbing will restart in a few seconds but nothing appears to happen anywhere.
    I am using the new 1.2.2 MePo version.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom