Status
Not open for further replies.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well it looks like I can ignore gold as it seems to be encrypted (on DVB-T) anyway. For reason I thought that it was free to air...

So if only I can find a source of epg data for the BBC 301/red button channel I'll be very happy!

Actually what I have now is pretty good, so a big thanks to Trevor for pointing out a way to do this without needing the DVB-T grab...

Andy

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Small favour,

would it be possible to change the two table names in your update scripts to match the table names in the database (program should be Program and schedule should be Schedule) as the current scripts don't work if mysql is hosted on a linux server.

Cheers

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    do you know how season pass recordings are treated by tv server? I just realised that my computer is not waking from s3 standby using this on 1.1.1

My machine works great, but despite trying powerscheduler and powerscheduler++ it just doesnt wakeup for recordings setup as season pass... I have not tried with 'regular' recordings, but should this matter?

Any tips on making sure that the tv server wakes up for all recordings?

Thanks

bob

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    do you know how season pass recordings are treated by tv server? I just realised that my computer is not waking from s3 standby using this on 1.1.1

My machine works great, but despite trying powerscheduler and powerscheduler++ it just doesnt wakeup for recordings setup as season pass... I have not tried with 'regular' recordings, but should this matter?

Any tips on making sure that the tv server wakes up for all recordings?

Thanks

bob

You need to ask in general help.

This thread needs to stay on track m8.

Ask in the powerscheduler threads there are quite a few.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Not sure if its a bug with your code or the base MePo TV Server code, but a previous problem has returned :(

I recently performed a rescan of all my channels, and now when I watch ITV1 HD my TV.log files up with:

21-11-2010 09:43:16.943 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:16.981 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.22 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.71 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.112 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.166 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b

When I investigated this previously it was due to two channels having identical information bar the PMT. So I think the code can not handle this. I think my original "fix" was purely to find the other channel (which I didn't use) and delete it from the DB. I did previously try changing the PMT from f0c to f0b but this then reported the f0b != foc (ie reversed, and still not the same).

I can not post an issue within the main MePo forums as I'm running a custom SVN release.

Can anyone help (before I find the problematic other channel and delete it).

Thanks,

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi guys,

Not sure if its a bug with your code or the base MePo TV Server code, but a previous problem has returned :(

I recently performed a rescan of all my channels, and now when I watch ITV1 HD my TV.log files up with:

21-11-2010 09:43:16.943 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:16.981 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.22 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.71 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.112 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b
    21-11-2010 09:43:17.166 pmtgrabber: serviceid mismatch f0c != f0b

When I investigated this previously it was due to two channels having identical information bar the PMT. So I think the code can not handle this. I think my original "fix" was purely to find the other channel (which I didn't use) and delete it from the DB. I did previously try changing the PMT from f0c to f0b but this then reported the f0b != foc (ie reversed, and still not the same).

I can not post an issue within the main MePo forums as I'm running a custom SVN release.

Can anyone help (before I find the problematic other channel and delete it).

Thanks,

J.

Change the PMT pid to 0.

It isn't anything to do with the Sky code. The PMT parser needs to be modified for this problem.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for replying :)

I thought the issue might be with code outside the Sky EPG stuff.

How about this for you.... Stop MePo client, go into the TV Server config, select the channel, edit it, change the PMT to 0, ok everything, come out of TV Server config, then go back in and make sure the change is saved.

Then load the MePo client and go to the channel.

Guess what??? The PMT is changed back to original - Weird!

Anyway, I switched to Sky's channel of ITV1 HD (instead of the freesat one) - This has solved the issue (well worked around it!)

Thanks,

J.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Thanks for replying :)

I thought the issue might be with code outside the Sky EPG stuff.

How about this for you.... Stop MePo client, go into the TV Server config, select the channel, edit it, change the PMT to 0, ok everything, come out of TV Server config, then go back in and make sure the change is saved.

Then load the MePo client and go to the channel.

Guess what??? The PMT is changed back to original - Weird!

Anyway, I switched to Sky's channel of ITV1 HD (instead of the freesat one) - This has solved the issue (well worked around it!)

Thanks,

J.

The trouble with the PMT Parser is it finds the PMT Pid and it takes the first SID from the PAT Table as it naturally assumes that no other service on the same transponder can share the same PMT Pid.

When all this is complete I'll take a look at it.

grandalf

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    I have noticed something else that is really troublesome and again I have been using your svn for a while so cannot report to mp. Problem is when a channel tune is attempted on a station that is weak or not transmitting, mepo will lock up either for several minutes or forever until manually closed. Without a complete re-intall of 1.1.0 it is difficult to tell wheather the fault lies with mepo or this svn. Just wondered if anyone else has come up against this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom