Not open for further replies.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes this would be a nice feature. I'll investigate it but I have a feeling it will not be possible as the highlighting would probably have to be part of the skin being used. In other words we could put the option in quite easily, but the author of every skin would have to add the actual highlighting

Could the "HD" logo added by apj's changes not be used instead? That would be cool

TV Guide - MediaPortal Wiki

Ah interesting thanks, that should make it straight forward after all

It will still need the skin developers to implement it but at least the functionality already exists

oliccm

Portal Member
    October 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Listing the HD programs would be excelent.

Also the ITV Player & BBCi Player service are coming to FreeSat, will this be avaliable in MP?

"The player, which allows you to catch up on ITV programmes, will be rolled out across all Freesat HD receivers via a software update; though it is expected that a beta test will take place on select brands first to ensure reliability."

The above is from ITV Player Confirmed For Autumn Launch | Join Freesat

Cheers

Mew

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    Hertfordshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi oliccm

BBC iPlayer launched on Freesat in beta a year ago. It has been available on Humax Foxsat boxes for the best part of a year but they had to roll out an over the air software update to the boxes to add the functionality. I think it has been added by some other manufacturers since. It is delivered via broadband as you have to connect an ethernet cable into the back of your Freesat STB (or Freesat TV).

BBC iPlayer has been available in MediaPortal via the Online Videos plugin (since verson 0.17.0).

Mew

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Guys,

I have just had to waste 2 days of programming due to a change in the PMT lookup in the latest SVN.

Tune(_) was changed to Scan(_).

Very frustrating.

All is scanning again, just need to implement the channel changes with the ChannelID.

I have got the channel numbers to change automatically. Just need to add the removal code.

There WILL be a release this week. If it isn't finished there will be something to try, even if it is a full scan with manual scanning.

I know how frustrating it is but I don't want to break your htpc setups with crap software.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I know how frustrating it is but I don't want to break your htpc setups with crap software.

It'll be ready when it's ready... we all know it'll be awesome once it's released. Big :D for all your hard work, both of you. :D

Yes this would be a nice feature. I'll investigate it but I have a feeling it will not be possible as the highlighting would probably have to be part of the skin being used. In other words we could put the option in quite easily, but the author of every skin would have to add the actual highlighting

Could the "HD" logo added by apj's changes not be used instead? That would be cool

TV Guide - MediaPortal Wiki

Ah interesting thanks, that should make it straight forward after all

It will still need the skin developers to implement it but at least the functionality already exists

I think most skins in 1.20 will support this feature, if not it seems simple enough for skinners to add.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    [Fanfare] Da da da da [/Fanfare]

3 weeks in the making.

Ok,

Here it is. The first release of the Open TV Scanner.

How to install.

Download this file

##################################
    #http://www.borntoshare.co.uk/OpenTVScanner.zip#
    ##################################

Totally uninstall MediaPortal products.

Install Mediaportal 1.2.0 Alpha

Run the 2 setup files in the Zip from above

Stop the "TVService" Process and ensure the Setup TV Configurator is closed.

Copy the "OpenTVChannelScanner.dll" to [Install Folder]\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins

Open the TV-Server Configuration application.

Enable the "Open TV Channel Scanner" plugin.

If you click on the "Enable" checkbox you will see all the options for Sky UK & Italy.

Ensure you select the correct "DVB" Card.
    Select your Sky Region. This is only for the UK at the minute. I need to examine the TS Stream for the Italian regions.

All the other settings will work as standard.

If click on the "General" tab you will see the "Scan Now" button. If you are happy with your settings then give it a click.

This will automatically scan all the channels on the transponders. Takes about 20-30 seconds.

The EPG Channels are automatically selected.

So if you leave it for 3-4 minutes after clicking Scan Now. You will have a fully populated EPG with Channels.

If you find this useful then think about donating to Media Portal.

Thanks.

jobyrne30

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks again DJBlu.

I really appreciate the hard work that you and miroslav22 put into this. The work both you guys do in my opinion makes MP which is already the best Media Centre software even better by miles. I can't ever imagine using anything other especially with the EPG capabilities you guys have added.
    :D

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    Thanks for this, I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight..

Is there an easy way to back up all my other settings - like Moving Pictures, etc or do I need to do all that from scratch?

Are the following also included in this patch?

Gibman's tuner patch v3
    HELP test: fix for - some cards are slow at tuning.

A small fix I applied for streaming discontinuity problems
    Fix for streaming discontinuity errors

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom