Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
DJBlu i've just made some headway with the EPG only getting updated if there are no channels.

if there are channels in the database and the epg is empty the plugin wont update the epg data. However i've just worked out if i uncheck "Update/Add new channels" then run the scan the epg will update with channels in the database. Cheers

Just found a very small bug in the groups again. This time its the groups order. Some are the right places but music and Religion come much later. I moved them in the gui. However after a restart they had gone back to the wrong order again.

Also as i said above with the epg. Channels wont update, move or delete if "update epg" is checked. Seems to be a conflict with these 2. But only once the channel database has been build (works fine if empty).

Looks like these are the last few bugs i can see well done :D

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
DJBlu i've just made some headway with the EPG only getting updated if there are no channels.

if there are channels in the database and the epg is empty the plugin wont update the epg data. However i've just worked out if i uncheck "Update/Add new channels" then run the scan the epg will update with channels in the database. Cheers

Just found a very small bug in the groups again. This time its the groups order. Some are the right places but music and Religion come much later. I moved them in the gui. However after a restart they had gone back to the wrong order again.

Also as i said above with the epg. Channels wont update, move or delete if "update epg" is checked. Seems to be a conflict with these 2. But only once the channel database has been build (works fine if empty).

Looks like these are the last few bugs i can see well done :D

You wouldn't think I did the grouping this way to make it easier! lol. I was going to add buttons to move them up and down a list. Wish I had now.

Tried the EPG last night and know what is causing it, quick fix also.

I also know whats causing the groups to move also. Fixed in the next realease.

I have found a bug which you wouldn't notice as it is to do with the speed of the information grab. But this is only a minor issue.

garyvine

June 9, 2010
Home Country
Looked through logs and found quality in the tv.log file in lines such as:-

***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 100, SIGNAL QUALITY: 94 *****

The only ones which have a level less than 100 are the ones for the DVB-T stick which hasn't got a decent aerial yet. Even those are LEVEL: 49 and QUALITY : 100 though.

EPG.log does have various errors whenever Grab Now is run:-

Open TV EPG Updater: no epg infos found for channel netowrkid:0x2 transportid: 0xyyy serviceid:0xzzzz

On the plus side it also has lots of inserted x epg entries for channel lines :)

I suspect you are right and the Nova card needs a bit longer to get the info.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
Looked through logs and found quality in the tv.log file in lines such as:-

***** SIGNAL LEVEL: 100, SIGNAL QUALITY: 94 *****

The only ones which have a level less than 100 are the ones for the DVB-T stick which hasn't got a decent aerial yet. Even those are LEVEL: 49 and QUALITY : 100 though.

EPG.log does have various errors whenever Grab Now is run:-

Open TV EPG Updater: no epg infos found for channel netowrkid:0x2 transportid: 0xyyy serviceid:0xzzzz

On the plus side it also has lots of inserted x epg entries for channel lines :)

I suspect you are right and the Nova card needs a bit longer to get the info.

As I said in my last post I think you are falling foul to the bug I have found in the grab timings. I should be able to fix this no probs. Thanks for the input.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
@miroslav

Hi,

I am currently creating a few changes in the TVGuide of the TV plugin that will

a. Allow users to change the groups from the top of the page. Like the Sky HD Guide.
b. Allow users to change channels by number outside of the selected group. i.e. Zap to Sky Sports 1 will be possible if in the Kids group. This is almost complete and should be .

What I am having trouble with is the Skin file of the TV Guide for item a. I know you are busy with other stuff so if you can assist then this would be great.

Hi sorry to bring this up. But did you ever manage to get the zap to other groups working? I think this would be an excellent feature once you have the time to do it.

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
ok i have a problem. i have been on 1.1.1 version with skyepg working ok. i just formatted my hard drive, installed win 7 64bit, installed mediaportal 1.2.0 beta but i cannot install sky epg. when i open installer it says its missing microsoft c++ 2008 redistributable atl update. I downloaded it a couple of times, installed but no go!
Any ideas???

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
lol

Channel
Sky UK Grabber
Provider
DJBlu

First Glitch i spotted, but a minor one go the sky uk grabber and maximise the setup TV app.

Rebooted TV server, Now i can't even get back to the sky EPG grabber Plugin page, the + by the plugins it just doesn't appear when you activate Sky UK Grabber.

Reinstalling Tv server again.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
@IanJ

Hi I Also had the same problem as yourself. It turned out not to be media portal or the plugins. It was a problem with MySQL just go into your mysql folder and delete mptvdb folder then restart the tvservice. all the settings will be reset to default and the sky plugin will work fine. If the problems return check the permisson in mysql.

Good luck.

This would explain why with previous versions of the tv scanner I had completely removed MP and re-installed to no avail.

Thanks for that.....will try it tonight.

Ian.

Folder location on my pc (winxp) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.4\data\mptvdb

@Ragnarok666

Follow These Steps to reset the settings for the plugin That will fix the problem. Also update to the latest version of this plugin as DJBlu has fixed the reason for this happening.

Just tryed "First Glitch i spotted, but a minor one go the sky uk grabber and maximise the setup TV app" Mines ok. No Problems here.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
October 11, 2009
Home Country
England England
"First Glitch i spotted, but a minor one go the sky uk grabber and maximise the setup TV app" Mines ok. No Problems here.

You should of seen the sky channel grabber settings moving around covering part of the status log and the grab now button the page but ho hum.

Edit what permissions did you change for the option not to disappear. I've added every It's disappearing for me every time, i drop the mptvdb in MyQSL admin and restart Tv server to get it back.

It's not appearing to grab anything on my happague Nova-HD-S2 cards judging from the CPU usage in the task manager of setuptv.eve ts service.exe and mysql.exe It does on appear to grab on my TT-3200 but it crashes set up TV as soon as it as EPG grabbed: titles - xxxxxx : Summaries - xxxxxx appears.

When i have some more time i'll completely clean out any trace of media portal and start again. Always backup you old media portal including MPTVDB if your going to play, so you can just go back to something that is working for you like I am. I was hoping to get a bit further and see if there and any conflicts with my diseqc setup and other satellites.

icam2

Portal Pro
March 7, 2011
Home Country
Sorry Ragnarok666 i see what your getting at now. Think its only a gui bug. I'm Sure DJBlu will sort in time

"First Glitch i spotted, but a minor one go the sky uk grabber and maximise the setup TV app" Mines ok. No Problems here.

You should of seen the sky channel grabber settings moving around covering part of the status log and the grab now button the page but ho hum.

Edit what permissions did you change for the option not to disappear. I've added every It's disappearing for me every time, i drop the mptvdb in MyQSL admin and restart Tv server to get it back.

If you dropped the mptvdb in MYSQL admin then that should have deleted the folder (i only said delete the folder by hand because alot of folks may not have MYSQL admin. Restart tvservice and every setting in the tv service will be reset to there default including the sky uk plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom