Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisdu

Portal Pro
March 7, 2006
Switzerland
Hi DJBlu , are you planning also the IT version ?

thanks a lot
Have a nice weekend

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi DJBlu , are you planning also the IT version ?

thanks a lot
Have a nice weekend

Once this version is complete and working 100% then the Italy version will be released almost instantly as all I have to change is the Huffman table and regions.

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Just come across this topic could you just clarify that this is the correct procedure.

Install SQL Database
Download and install Mediaportal 1.2 beta and install as client only
Run your Mepo SVN
Run your Mepo TV Server SVN (dont install from the 1.2 beta package 1st)
Stop service and copy DLLs including the latest 1.2.1 EPG Grabber
Run setups as normal

This is how I read it, would appreciate confirmation that this is correct.
Many thanks

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
Just come across this topic could you just clarify that this is the correct procedure.

Install SQL Database
Download and install Mediaportal 1.2 beta and install as client only
Run your Mepo SVN
Run your Mepo TV Server SVN (dont install from the 1.2 beta package 1st)
Stop service and copy DLLs including the latest 1.2.1 EPG Grabber
Run setups as normal

This is how I read it, would appreciate confirmation that this is correct.
Many thanks

Download and Install MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta(TVClient and Server) on the machine that will host the database.
Download and Install both SVN Updates.
Stop the TV Service.
Copy the Custom Data Grabber.dll to the TVServer root directory (normally C:\program files\Team Mediaportal\TVServer)
Copy the Sky UK Grabber.dll to the TV Server plugin directory (normally C:\program files\Team Mediaportal\TVServer)
Now start the TV Service and configure the plugin to how you need it and click Grab.

If you need more help then ask away.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu,
    I've not had chance to try this code yet (I only have the one system and it is currently running 1.2alpha with the sky epg grabber), I wonder if you could help with a few questions...

In my setup I have two DVB-S cards and two DVB-T cards. I currently merge the common channels together (BBC1 etc.). I only use the Sky epg data for my epg. For the channels that are not free to view on DVB-S, but are on DVB-T I merge the encrypted channels but mark the card usage as for epg only. So now the questions...

1. Will the above still work, in particular will the merged channels still be Ok with the auto update/organize system?
    2. Will the epg grab for the DVB-T only channels still work?
    3. Is there a better way of running my sort of setup with your new code?
    4. I assume that series link will arrive at some point? Any idea when?

Many thanks...

Andy

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    1. Will the above still work, in particular will the merged channels still be Ok with the auto update/organize system? In theory Yes
    2. Will the epg grab for the DVB-T only channels still work? Not a clue at the minute
    3. Is there a better way of running my sort of setup with your new code? Not at the moment as I haven't tested yet. I will be testing in a week or so.
    4. I assume that series link will arrive at some point? Any idea when? When this plugin works 100% without error then I'll move onto Series Link. It will be an hour job as Miroslavs code will still work.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi all,

Sorry not been around much been really busy.

DJBlu - still not had chance to look though any of the new stuff yet but it sounds promising :) Let me know if you want me to look at anything.

Here is the current stable version compiled for 1.2.0 beta (can now be released)

Just to recap: (see first post for more info)

This contains only Sky EPG grabbing for UK/Italy, not channel scanning.
    Includes series link as always
    Fixes previous grabbing problems with Sky Italy

Download Mediaportal 1.2.0 Beta & Sky EPG 1.1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    That's perfect timing with the 1.2beta version miroslav22. Can you/anyone tell me what's the best way to upgrade from 1.2alpha? Will it actuallu upgrade (or is this a bad idea)? Will an export everything, remove 1.2aplha, install 1.2beta + your stuff, then import work? If not is there a better way (preferably one that avoids me having to setup all of my channels all over again)...

Thanks again

Andy

brian_damage

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    This is all very exciting: I'm in favour of a plugin which allows you clever people to support different versions of MePo without having to re-engineer everything whenever a new release is published.

However, I must admit to being a little confused as to the features of the two 1.2b offerings at the moment. Apart from Sky IT support, do they provide the same benefit? Are there features of one not provided by the other?

And (of particular interest to me) can either of these two plugins support Freesat series-link?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom