psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Miroslav:

Is this plugin still in developement for 1.2.0? Are the going to be any new changes soon like channel scanning etc as DJBlu seems to be having issues with his plugin and so far, yours works perfectly.

I'm not sure what you mean by having issues?

I always used the Miroslav plugin, but now use exclusively the DJBlu one. I don't have any issues with the latest version (and I have a complex setup!), so why not give it a try?

Also, if you are experiencing issues with DJBlu's plugin, if you let him know he will look into it for you.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    @Miroslav:

Is this plugin still in developement for 1.2.0? Are the going to be any new changes soon like channel scanning etc as DJBlu seems to be having issues with his plugin and so far, yours works perfectly.

I always used the Miroslav plugin, but now use exclusively the DJBlu one. I don't have any issues with the latest version (and I have a complex setup!), so why not give it a try?

Also, if you are experiencing issues with DJBlu's plugin, if you let him know he will look into it for you.

What I mean by "issues" is that it seem to work for some people and not others whereas this one just works. I'm not belittling the work DJBlu is doing cause i'd love for it to work as I feel its the right way to go with this but i need something that is stable atm otherwise the missus would kill me if her tv was interupted.

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I went back to using Miro's version as I found DJ Blu's just wouldn't play nice with my patchy sat signal.

Miro's version with the modified tswriter is much more stable on my hd channels and any glitches are caught and processed cleanly with only a very minor interruption in service. Unfortunately DJ Blu's plugin would occasionally cause my system to freeze picture after a minor signal glitch (sound would usually continue) or on occasion not tune to the channel when tuning works fine on a dm800hd and my system with Miro's 1.20beta server.

I must admit I haven't tried with the latest version from DJ Blu (so the above might no longer be an issue) as i have my channels scanned and Miro's epg is brilliant.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    @Miroslav:

What I mean by "issues" is that it seem to work for some people and not others whereas this one just works. I'm not belittling the work DJBlu is doing cause i'd love for it to work as I feel its the right way to go with this but i need something that is stable atm otherwise the missus would kill me if her tv was interupted.

I have more or less finish channel updating as part of this EPG grabber. Not sure i'll ever release it though as I don't want to cause any problems.

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    I went back to using Miro's version as I found DJ Blu's just wouldn't play nice with my patchy sat signal.

Miro's version with the modified tswriter is much more stable on my hd channels and any glitches are caught and processed cleanly with only a very minor interruption in service. Unfortunately DJ Blu's plugin would occasionally cause my system to freeze picture after a minor signal glitch (sound would usually continue) or on occasion not tune to the channel when tuning works fine on a dm800hd and my system with Miro's 1.20beta server.

I must admit I haven't tried with the latest version from DJ Blu (so the above might no longer be an issue) as i have my channels scanned and Miro's epg is brilliant.

Very occasionally I will get a frozen picture where the sound continues with the latest DJBlu plugin - I find that a channel change and then back fixes it.. In general though, it's pretty solid and the missus is happy using it.

I used the Miroslav one for a long time and it was superb, and I didn't really miss the channel grabbing bit until Sky Atlantic came along, and then I saw how useful the channel groups were for the missus!

We ended up with 2 solutions I guess to the same problem - each has it's merits and fans!

I personally would like to thank both Miroslav and DJBlu for the long hours and hard work that they put into these plugins and modifications!

@Miroslav, I'm sure there are several who would like you to release the updated version of your plugin :)

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country

I have more or less finish channel updating as part of this EPG grabber. Not sure i'll ever release it though as I don't want to cause any problems.

If it was me I'd release it, its personal choice as which one people use and which one works well with the individual machines.

fazak

Portal Member
    July 20, 2011
    I have downloaded the 1.2 build, but I seem to have a problem, when I do a sat scan no results appear I just get no signal.Ive attached fthe log. Apprently the problem lies with "2011-07-31 11:16:15.289518 [(5)]: !!! Error releasing TSWriter filter (_filterTsWriter as IBaseFilter was null!)" Ive been told TsWriter is not installed, Ive tried a full remove and install but still Im having issues, any ideas?

EditL Ive just tried using the 1.1.2 build and same problem, Ive downloaded the offical build and it work, but I need sky uk epg! :)

tomfrogger

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2006
    Trellech
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have downloaded the 1.2 build, but I seem to have a problem, when I do a sat scan no results appear I just get no signal.Ive attached fthe log. Apprently the problem lies with "2011-07-31 11:16:15.289518 [(5)]: !!! Error releasing TSWriter filter (_filterTsWriter as IBaseFilter was null!)" Ive been told TsWriter is not installed, Ive tried a full remove and install but still Im having issues, any ideas?

EditL Ive just tried using the 1.1.2 build and same problem, Ive downloaded the offical build and it work, but I need sky uk epg! :)

Are you using Miroslav22's 1.20beta upgrades from this post? https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...us-enhancements-87526/index75.html#post743841

Install Stock 1.2beta & then install Miroslav22's svn from this post over the top.

fazak

Portal Member
    July 20, 2011
    K I did a complete reinstall and its working great now, thanks for putting in the effort to make this great addition.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    With 1.2.0RC release due very soon, will this be updated as this seem to be the only solution which works for me and I'd really like to continue using it.

Thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom