SlimTV Client error - No Player (1 Viewer)

Knightro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2010
    Kincardine
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello,

I've tried everything that I can think of besides removing everything and starting over. I'm making this post remotely so I will update it when I get home with more information. Hopefully its something simple.

-KT

Attachments

• MP2-TV_error.png
      MP2-TV_error.png
      322.9 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you need to have the TsReader.ax installed (usually available when MP1 was installed before).

Check the wiki instructions

Knightro

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2010
    Kincardine
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Morpheus,

I redid the TsReader.ax for a 2nd time which corrected the original problem.

I now have another problem which I cant figure out.

[2012-04-19 21:47:36,161] [142966 ] [InputMgr ] [ERROR] - localhost: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Attachments

• MP2-TV_error2.png
      MP2-TV_error2.png
      87.2 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like there is something missing and the situation is not handled correctly :(

I see you use the Tv4Home Provider. Please consider to switch to MPExtended, it is better.

Please describe your more in detail:
    • Do you use the Alpha or Easter Build?
    • Is TvServer installed on same machine as MP2?
    • Is Tv4Home installed on same machine as TvServer?
    • Did you configure the Tv4Home server name, if it is different to localhost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom