SlimTvClient Error (1 Viewer)

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    When I want to start the Slim TVClient I always get errors. It makes no difference whether I use localhost or the ip adress of my HTPC. I do not understand the problem. Can anybody help me?

Attachments

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I was getting this error and it was because the client and the server were (accidentally) on different network workgroups.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but no. Server and client are on the same pc. With MP1.2.2 it works.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    How Do I install the Slim TV plugin correctly?

On the page
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/3_Additional_Plugins there is a download
    http://tv4home.codeplex.com/releases/46042/download/239674.
    If I start the installation of the downloaded file TV4Home.Server.CoreService.Setup.msi there is always a error notification that Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 is required. But this is already installed since I install every update from Microsoft.

If I skip this step and only go to the page as it is mentioned
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/slimtv-plugin-watch-tv-in-mp2-incl-pip-support.106231/
    I found 4 possible files to download:
    MP2_SlimTV_Plugin.7z, v02_SlimTv4HomeProvider.7z, v02_SlimTvClient.7z, v02_SlimTVMPExtendedProvider.7z.
    Which do I need? I only understand that I can not use SlimTv4HomeProvider and SlimTVMPExtendedProvider together.

When I use MP2_SlimTV_Plugin I get 2 directories. If I copy them into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins directory and use localhost I get the error notification in 000017.png. If I use the IP adress I get the error notification in 000014.png.
    I upload the log files.

Can anybody tell me exactly what files I need and where to copy them?

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    you need to manually download and install .net 4 framework (web installer is fine) separately... the windows update version is not enough!

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
    Thank you! This is exactly the solution.
    Now I installed:
    1. .net 4 framework
    2. TV4Home.Server.CoreService.Setup.msi
    3. MP2alpha
    4. And than I copied SlimTV_Plugin and SlimTv4HomeProvider into the MP2-client/plugin directory
    and everything works well

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Thank you, I forgot about this. Tv4Home (and probably MPextended as well) are using .NET 4 Full Profile (not only Client Profile).

I will put this into wiki

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Germany Germany
    I will put this into wiki
    I don't mind, because you did a great job with the software and are very kindly in helping. But yes, it would be better, if you overwork your wiki, because for me as a beginner, it was not exactly clear, what I really need to install and where I can get it. And in what order I have to install it.
    But all together in this forum, we can improve. So thanks to you and SiLenTYL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    CanadianEh MP TV server rebuild with Colossus 2 - Kodi clients receive PMT error when playing videos recoreded by Colossus 2 TV-Server 1
    M 1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    G [solved] timeshift error Newcomers Forum 2
    C Can't install any extensions - DLL error Installation, configuration support 19
    horned_reaper Errors in FH log ... Fanart Handler 1
    joecrow 1.25.0 5031: Error on Install. Bugreports 24
    M MediaPortal2 TV Config Error on Install (0x80004005) General 7
    J Blue Screen Error Submit: Bug Reports 0
    G Q about scheduling weekly series when epg lists duplicate back to back episodes each week General Support 2
    Rob Hexenmeister Dependency error on install v2.3.2.0 OnlineVideos 28
    catavolt [WiP] When changing theme in my skins, I always get this error message in logs MediaPortal 1 9
    F Error invoking action 'GetNowNextProgramForGroup' Submit: Bug Reports 3
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    vvulture UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV General Support 6
    doskabouter Build errors MediaPortal 1 9
    ajs Trakt error when start with MP crash Trakt 1
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    horned_reaper MiniDisplayStatus error log messages General Support 7
    horned_reaper [solved] GUITextureManager Load2 log error messages Fanart Handler 1
    horned_reaper MediaPortal.LastFM.LastFMException error log message General Support 1
    R [solved] No Response from Home Page - Error Newcomers Forum 0
    globaldonkey Music Database Error Listen Music 1
    ajs [solved] 4982: Why this error hard stop when Mediaportal start? MediaPortal 1 3
    thepahakurki Trakt error: Invalid or missing file Trakt 8
    Z Error when attempting to play Blu Ray General 1