SlimTvClient Error (1 Viewer)

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I want to start the Slim TVClient I always get errors. It makes no difference whether I use localhost or the ip adress of my HTPC. I do not understand the problem. Can anybody help me?

Attachments

• 000014.png
      000014.png
      83.8 KB
    • 000017.png
      000017.png
      97.2 KB

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was getting this error and it was because the client and the server were (accidentally) on different network workgroups.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, but no. Server and client are on the same pc. With MP1.2.2 it works.

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How Do I install the Slim TV plugin correctly?

On the page
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/MediaPortal_2_Alpha_Release/3_Additional_Plugins there is a download
    http://tv4home.codeplex.com/releases/46042/download/239674.
    If I start the installation of the downloaded file TV4Home.Server.CoreService.Setup.msi there is always a error notification that Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 is required. But this is already installed since I install every update from Microsoft.

If I skip this step and only go to the page as it is mentioned
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/slimtv-plugin-watch-tv-in-mp2-incl-pip-support.106231/
    I found 4 possible files to download:
    MP2_SlimTV_Plugin.7z, v02_SlimTv4HomeProvider.7z, v02_SlimTvClient.7z, v02_SlimTVMPExtendedProvider.7z.
    Which do I need? I only understand that I can not use SlimTv4HomeProvider and SlimTVMPExtendedProvider together.

When I use MP2_SlimTV_Plugin I get 2 directories. If I copy them into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins directory and use localhost I get the error notification in 000017.png. If I use the IP adress I get the error notification in 000014.png.
    I upload the log files.

Can anybody tell me exactly what files I need and where to copy them?

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you need to manually download and install .net 4 framework (web installer is fine) separately... the windows update version is not enough!

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851

Thank you! This is exactly the solution.
    Now I installed:
    1. .net 4 framework
    2. TV4Home.Server.CoreService.Setup.msi
    3. MP2alpha
    4. And than I copied SlimTV_Plugin and SlimTv4HomeProvider into the MP2-client/plugin directory
    and everything works well

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, I forgot about this. Tv4Home (and probably MPextended as well) are using .NET 4 Full Profile (not only Client Profile).

I will put this into wiki

DarkOrje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2011
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will put this into wiki
    I don't mind, because you did a great job with the software and are very kindly in helping. But yes, it would be better, if you overwork your wiki, because for me as a beginner, it was not exactly clear, what I really need to install and where I can get it. And in what order I have to install it.
    But all together in this forum, we can improve. So thanks to you and SiLenTYL.

Users who are viewing this thread