Small TV client (1 Viewer)

mouse

Portal Member
April 15, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sorry I'm looking for a small, and with a little price, TV client for my bedroom. It's really difficult to find some nice suggestion may I have your help? Only HDMI e lan connection are a must have. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are quite a few systems coming to my mind when I think about this. A Saphire Edge VS4 or VS8, a Z-Box from Zotac
    or a NUC from Intel when you want to spend a bit more. But instead us browsing all the producer websites it would be lot more
    productive if you could narrow it down and come up with two or three pc's where to choose from.
    Websites like this: http://skinflint.co.uk/ are very helpfull which such things...

mouse

Portal Member
    April 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    How about raspberry or such clients? I don't need a complete music/video player. My need are focused to TV side

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have got a rpi as client in my bedroom but especially when your focus is on tv the rpi will be a very limited alternative to
    a mepo client. Zapping is very slow and some say that the picture quality is very poor as well. I actually don't see
    those quality differences but I won't consider myself as a professional anyway.
    When you can live with those facts the rpi will indeed be a cost efficient alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    Thank you! I guess I was overthinking it.
    This is apparently such a low level question that it's not even documented that I can find - I apologize in advance for this: I...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11. Saved me a lot of time having to debug the code. Thanks for the tip!
    Good shout! Working when setting the network to private. Windows 7 firewall certainly doesn't behave like it does in Windows 10/11...
    Hello, I spent a couple of days trying to resolve this issue and cannot figure it out. I have set up MediaPortal Server on an old...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom